The Student Room Group

Do you believe what news channels tell you? or do you think for your self

Poll

Do you absorb and compare news, and understand all have bias political slants ?

Many big news channels have a very bias slant. They have their own agenda's to defend.

I.E sky news ignores attacks by isreal, and always highlights bad things about Iran and Palestinians

Go to press TV channel 515, and you get a totally different view.

The owner of sky is an isreali/ has links.

Isreal were declaring a attack on lebanon, but lebanon responded saying bring it on, we will fight for freedom, and sky ignores isreal's threat, but frames it on lebanon

do you actually switch and compare news channels, think for yourself, and acknowledge many have bias slants?

These are journalists we are talking about. The leaders of the journalists have deep rooted political ties.

Answer poll

If this thread is deleted, then i know what i fear is true.

PS: BBC refused to broadcast the march for palestine/protesting against isreal

they frame gaddafi for murder, yet they ignored isreal's 1300 murder spree on palestiniens.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I just browse headlines and look at a few details if I need to. BBC news is very useful, but the way I look at news helps me get through any bias.
A lot of the news I don't believe. Some stories I read I believe because I want to, 'Eating bacon and cake increase life length' etc.
Reply 3
Original post by Wasted Wrath
A lot of the news I don't believe. Some stories I read I believe because I want to, 'Eating bacon and cake increase life length' etc.

love ur sig
Reply 4
Original post by Kiirk
"I believe everything they say."

Nobody will say that, nobody believes 100%.

Some may believe more than others, but depends on the reporter (independent/ the sun) leads to credibility.

The sun is not credible

It clearly has a very right wing slant

Look at page 3...does this news paper portray a reliable one with clean intentions?

some love isreal, and will hide all of their actions
Reply 5
They give reliable news though, even though they are pro palestine.

The news given reflects alot more truth than sky would

sky love isreal

iran dislike isreal, and are for palestine

america loves ireal, and so hates iran, because iran is the only one with guts to stand up to isreall

saudi arabia are puppets of america
I watch the news at half 7 on a morning, i'm more concerned about dropping my toast, deciding it looks comfy and then falling asleep on it.
Reply 7
Russia Today's news channel is great

if you don't like news
Reply 8
Original post by Kiirk
I'm comparing the independent to the sun. Fail.

oh i apologize:smile:
Reply 9
Meh.. Press Tv is left wing media, as opposed to murdoch (sky, the sun, news of the world etc..) media (currently centre-right).

Your best off watching a range of news channels, e.g France 24, Russia Today, CNC, al jazeera, bbc.

All have bias, but the above are generally pretty centrist.
(edited 13 years ago)
Press TV is Iranian state propaganda. It's about as unbiased as Russia Today (now RT) - it's a complete joke.

I watch and read a multitude of news sources and read lots of forums and independent sites. That's all anyone can do short of actually becoming a journalist and seeing major world events for yourself.
Reply 11
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Press TV is Iranian state propaganda. It's about as unbiased as Russia Today (now RT) - it's a complete joke.

I watch and read a multitude of news sources and read lots of forums and independent sites. That's all anyone can do short of actually becoming a journalist and seeing major world events for yourself.

sky is no better lol. It is pro-isreal and takes a massive political slant.

Many times it even twists the truth and lies, showing one side and mannipulating what the other says

if you agree with the isreal palestine massacare, then yeah , you'd hate IRAN for having guts to condem isreal.
Original post by sixthformer
sky is no better lol. It is pro-isreal and takes a massive political slant.

Many times it even twists the truth and lies, showing one side and mannipulating what the other says

if you agree with the isreal palestine massacare, then yeah , you'd hate IRAN for having guts to condem isreal.

Did I say I watch Sky News? I don't. I don't watch ITV News either. I watch BBC and Channel 4, and I look at the websites of CNN, CBC, ABC (Australia) and Al Jazeerawhen I want some international perspective. I read the Telegraph, Independent and Guardian on occasion.

I don't hate Iran, I hate the Iranian government. Theocratic police state = epic fail. I also think that Israel and Palestine's governments behave like children fighting over something that neither one of them should have, namely Jerusalem.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Did I say I watch Sky News? I don't. I don't watch ITV News either. I watch BBC and Channel 4, and I look at the websites of CNN, CBC, ABC (Australia) and Al Jazeerawhen I want some international perspective. I read the Telegraph, Independent and Guardian on occasion.

I don't hate Iran, I hate the Iranian government. Theocratic police state = epic fail. I also think that Israel and Palestine's governments behave like children fighting over something that neither one of them should have, namely Jerusalem.

Fair enough.

It is important to note that if you adopted isreal's view on who owns land, the american indians should have 100 times more right on the USA than isreal think they do over isreal, just because they did, 3000 years ago or so, live in isreal.
Reply 14
Original post by daruishraz
Brother habibi, i agree with you. PressTV is the only accurate television network. BBC is jewish and sky tv. Also i love george galloway. do you brov? freedom for palestinians! viva palestine! yallah!

This is one thing PressTV really isn't.
I watch BBC for national news and about 30% of aljazeera,15% for both RT and PressTv

On the other hand I often flick over to fox news(Glenn Beck) just for the laughter.
EDIT: To those who think Presstv is 100% accurate and unbiased are on the wrong,you just get to see the opposite end of the spectrum,really.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
I take all news with a pinch of salt.
The stories are selective on what they want to broadcast and the truth is warped out of proportion.
Reply 17
Original post by sete
This is one thing PressTV really isn't.

:smile: sky can talk
Reply 18
This thread isn't about news channels is it? It's about your hatred of Israel. Why not just create a thread on Israel rather than hide behind this farce of an excuse?
Reply 19
The guardian is about as credible as the Daily Mail.

I prefer -

The Times
The Independant
The Telegraph

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending