The Student Room Group

dating

does dating someone mean they are your girlfriend/boyfriend or is it just a case of getting to know them better?
Getting to know them better, but in a way where you can be more intimate than with your friends. Wouldn't go calling them a bf/gf though, unless you're planning to scare them off.
Reply 2
Well a case of getting to know them better IMO. Obviously if they want to talk about that before the first date or after a few dates to say they want to be your BF/GF then that would be different, but other than that getting to know them better would be my answer, I think thats mainly the objective in most first dates.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
It can be both, really.

You can go out on a casual date, and just be there as mates. Or you can be "dating" and be boyfriend and girlfriend. :smile:

I don't think it matters. :biggrin:
Reply 4
just i know a girl who went she had been on 2 dates with another lad but they hadnt spoken since... was wondering if this meant they were getting to know each other better or were having sex
Reply 5
Probably getting to know each other, but found out they werent compatible or they had sex and that was the end of that.
Reply 6
hope it wasnt sex lol i like her haha
Depends on the situation. If I go on a date with someone I've not know for long then it'd be getting to know each other. If I'd known someone for a long time and we went on a date then it might be to see how we feel as a couple, and quickly become gf/bf...

As for your other post, I have no idea what you're on about.
Reply 8
it's that stage before going out when you're still getting to know one another, before you haven't QUITE become official :P
Reply 9
but u might not become official right
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
but u might not become official right

it's the stage where both are like "hmm, do I like you?" so they go on dates to find out.
Reply 11
people dont ever have sex on dates tho yeah lol

Yes we do. :mmm:

EDIT: TBH you can do sex even though you're not officially in a relationship together yet.

People do. BUT be a gentleman and WAIT!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending