The Student Room Group

What are common things guys do wrong on the first date in your experience?

I can never get a second date so just wondering.
treating dating like a challenge to get through certain 'stages' like the talking stage or whatever to reach the final goal of sleeping with a woman.
creeps me out when a guy is treating a date like a job interview which he's way too eager to pass. i just want to have a fun chat and get to know a person and enjoy each other's company
Reply 2
I think appearing over keen or needy is a watch out. There is something about having a self confident air that’s important. Generally dates where’s there’s no pre-build up attraction are high risk. On line dating has a commodity approach that frequently leads to frustration and bad 1st dates
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
treating dating like a challenge to get through certain 'stages' like the talking stage or whatever to reach the final goal of sleeping with a woman.
creeps me out when a guy is treating a date like a job interview which he's way too eager to pass. i just want to have a fun chat and get to know a person and enjoy each other's company

But a lot of women also treat online dating that way like shopping.
Original post by Anonymous #1
But a lot of women also treat online dating that way like shopping.

pff ig i'm not one of them then. u didn't initially mention you were talking abt online dating
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #2
pff ig i'm not one of them then. u didn't initially mention you were talking abt online dating

Oh yes apologies that makes a difference. Online is pretty bad - many treat it like shopping or like stages as you say. I think it’s just the sheer number of people you have access to at your fingertips and its very impersonal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending