The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sabina93
No,not yet :frown: I had my interview on 9th february . I can't stand the waiting anymore.

You'll definitely get a reply soon. The admissions department are on it :smile:
Reply 1721
anyone know where can i find the application forms for accommodation?...
Original post by tikey

Is it not supposed to get sent to you?
Reply 1723
Original post by tikey

It's on the website... need your student ID to submit the form though (Its a field on it). Which I at least don't have atm. Assuming they send it in an email or something.

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/students/accommodation/Undergraduates/Howtoapply/Newundergraduates/

form at the bottom
Got my acceptance yesterday, still can't quite believe it!
Reply 1725
Original post by simon-leeds

That's brilliant, congrats!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what was your interview like and when was it?
So far I get the impression that only offers for campus M have been sent out, but has anyone who chose campus S been rejected?
Reply 1727
Original post by platty1907
So far I get the impression that only offers for campus M have been sent out, but has anyone who chose campus S been rejected?

Well I originally picked M but then phonned up and got it changed to S ... I've been rejected.
Original post by ryan118244
Well I originally picked M but then phonned up and got it changed to S ... I've been rejected.

Thanks for the info. Im trying to work out what position im in having applied for S and not heard anything. Im pretty sure that most offers for S are yet to come out, so theres no need to worry there and I was just curious as to whether the had been some S rejections. I suppose its good for me then.

Sorry about the rejection, and I wish you all the best at Peninsula/Manchester
Original post by lucyzaq
That's brilliant, congrats!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what was your interview like and when was it?

It was on the 24th of January (but it was supposed to be 1st December, bloody snow). I thought it went brilliantly, just seemed like an informal chat and it seemed to finish before it had really started!
Reply 1730

Well done! Can I ask what advanced highers you did?

I was rejected for S :frown:
Reply 1732
Thanks for the info. Im trying to work out what position im in having applied for S and not heard anything. Im pretty sure that most offers for S are yet to come out, so theres no need to worry there and I was just curious as to whether the had been some S rejections. I suppose its good for me then.

i don't think its about S or M... I was applied for S and i was accepted (nothing regarding being changed for the M campus in my offer letter... some people were changed to S to M). I think (am almost sure) all those still waiting are somewhere in the middle of the list and the admissions are just waiting to see how the last interviews went like... This is why some of you haven't heard yet.... the rest of us were probably somewhere on the top or bottom of the list. So my personal opinion is that campuses have nothing to do, especially considering that you can actually have it changed before the end of the 2nd year at St Andrews and also considering the fact that some people got offers for the campus they have not chosen (still i might be wrong). Anyways, I wish all of you the best of luck anyways!
Reply 1733

Hhaa thanks ... Manchester was once my top choice, just need to rekindle the love!

Best of luck with everthing .... hope you get in St Andrews, no news is good news!
Original post by JungleJen
Maybe we will! I've to be there for 3.30 so I might see you on after your tour?
Yeah, I dont think it should be too long. They said all decisions will be made by the 31st so that will be 11days at the most hopefully.
I've only got 620. It was clearly enough to get an interview in the first place but I'm in the same boat as you with needing to do well in the interview. I think it's just highers they use (if you're scottish). I have no idea how the english system works so i'm not sure about those qualifications, where are you from?

Ah yeah, what do you look like i'll look out for you :smile:
We'll probably hear by next week, i'm just reaaaaally hoping our ukcat's wont affect our chance smuch :/
I'm from england so a levels for me :h: after the interview im probs gna ask about how they make the offers and stuff just to put my mind at ease :/
do you feel prepeared?
It seems to have been very quiet today.. Anyone hear anything?
Px
Original post by polldoll
It seems to have been very quiet today.. Anyone hear anything?
Px

I Have a theory that they have given offers and rejection that they are sure of keeping those in the middle waiting. They can then compare them to the interviews coming up ! So i guess it will be another wait until we hear again!
Original post by laurenl93
Ah yeah, what do you look like i'll look out for you :smile:
We'll probably hear by next week, i'm just reaaaaally hoping our ukcat's wont affect our chance smuch :/
I'm from england so a levels for me :h: after the interview im probs gna ask about how they make the offers and stuff just to put my mind at ease :/
do you feel prepeared?

Pretty short with long brown hair, nothing that noticable about me lol. What about you?
I'll probably ask too. Can you imagine how many times they've been asked that? haha!
Not prepared whatsoever! That's the plan for the remainder of tonight and tomorrow morning - i'm not going to bother going into school. Are you having to travel far?
Original post by sabina93
No,not yet :frown: I had my interview on 9th february . I can't stand the waiting anymore.

Sorry! Must've got confused with someone else.
There's a guy in my class who had his interview before christmas and still hasnt heard back, I cant imagine waiting as long as you have! Just keep positive! :biggrin:
Reply 1739
Original post by Chivalry
It's on the website... need your student ID to submit the form though (Its a field on it). Which I at least don't have atm. Assuming they send it in an email or something.

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/students/accommodation/Undergraduates/Howtoapply/Newundergraduates/

form at the bottom

i got an email to say that i got an offer, and a link to how to apply for accommodation which is pretty much the same one u give me, are we meant to apply now or something...ahh im confused... :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending