The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alhae
Nothing good will come to a first world country by turning it into the one on the right.

Heard you loud and clear. Ready to push the STOP button when you give the signal sir!

..........nutter.
Reply 141
Original post by N.A.T.O
I don't see Europeans pouring into Nigeria, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Chia etc.

Globalisation does not mean that everyone should pile into Europe.

China?

China is taking over a lot of companies, mate.
A lot of western workers live there.

And just as many people pile into Australia/New Zealand and Canada/USA if not more then Europe.
A few reasons for immigration

Economic gains
Increase in cultural diversity
Younger workforce
More skilled workforce
Reply 143
Your car is Japanese. Your Vodka is Russian. Your pizza is Italian. Your kebab is Turkish. Your democracy is Greek. Your coffee is Brazilian. Your movies are American. Your tea is Tamil. Your shirt is Indian. Your oil is Saudi Arabian. Your electronics are Chinese. Your numbers Arabic, your letters Latin. And you complain that your neighbor is an immigrant? Pull yourself together!
Funny how nobody will ever complain about French, American or Australian immigrants etc...
Reply 145
Original post by planetearth
Funny how nobody will ever complain about French, American or Australian immigrants etc...

Majority of immigrants that come from other EU and MEDC countries is really quite low.

That said, the people who do complain about specific countries are usually the one who have no clue and complain about them taking their jobs etc.
Reply 146
Original post by planetearth

Polish, :colone:
Reply 147
Original post by Tommyjw
Majority of immigrants that come from other EU and MEDC countries is really quite low.

Source please?
Reply 148
Original post by Hamesh
Source please?

Lol you say it like it's not obviously correct?

It is obvious to anyone with common sense and knowledge that people will more likely than not immigrate away from countries with particularly bad social, economical or political states or for their own personal reasons. Thus people do not as often immigrate away from the 'better' countries.

But since you asked.
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/natz_fr_2008.pdf

For the US.
Reply 149
Original post by Tommyjw
Lol you say it like it's not obviously correct?

It is obvious to anyone with common sense and knowledge that people will more likely than not immigrate away from countries with particularly bad social, economical or political states or for their own personal reasons. Thus people do not as often immigrate away from the 'better' countries.

But since you asked.
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/natz_fr_2008.pdf

For the US.

:colondollar: Sorry, I thought you were discussing the UK.
Reply 150
it seems people are still racist
atleast be open about it
dont hide on the internet
well did you guys know, there are more coloured children than white children in Birmingham?
and that by 2020 there will be more coloured people of all ages than white in birmingham?

who wants to go to school with majority immigrants?
Reply 152
Original post by Limesasquatch
well did you guys know, there are more coloured children than white children in Birmingham?
and that by 2020 there will be more coloured people of all ages than white in birmingham?

Me. :bhangra:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MasiAfg
Your car is Japanese. Your Vodka is Russian. Your pizza is Italian. Your kebab is Turkish. Your democracy is Greek. Your coffee is Brazilian. Your movies are American. Your tea is Tamil. Your shirt is Indian. Your oil is Saudi Arabian. Your electronics are Chinese. Your numbers Arabic, your letters Latin. And you complain that your neighbor is an immigrant? Pull yourself together!

But my shirt is Chinese not Indian dum dum dum.

As a result Birmingham is the worst place in England.
Original post by B-Man.
Me. :bhangra:

Spoiler

how else did they get here?
Reply 156
Original post by Jackthevillain
As a result Birmingham is the worst place in England.

:cry:

Sorry, my brown face sh*ts up Birmingham.
Reply 157
how else did they get here?

Birth.
Reply 158

Wow.
Fail at the person who doesn;t even understand what immigrant means.

Being born here, means your not an immigrant, is that really that hard to understand in your tiny ignorant mind?
Original post by Tommyjw
Wow.
Fail at the person who doesn;t even understand what immigrant means.

Being born here, means your not an immigrant, is that really that hard to understand in your tiny ignorant mind?

i don't care if they're born here

Latest

Trending

Trending