The Student Room Group

switched from work visa to student visa

I have received my student visa today. I'm on work visa and will be working full time till the end of august 31/08. As my studies start in 1st of september and that is what i have requested in my student visa. However, the rules state that i can only work 20 hours on the student visa. can i continue working till the end of the month and when i start my studies in 01/09 stop working full time.
Reply 1
Original post by Jenam123
I have received my student visa today. I'm on work visa and will be working full time till the end of august 31/08. As my studies start in 1st of september and that is what i have requested in my student visa. However, the rules state that i can only work 20 hours on the student visa. can i continue working till the end of the month and when i start my studies in 01/09 stop working full time.

Better to speak to an immigration adviser, but as far as I understand, during term time you can work up to 20 hours (maximum) per week. During vacation periods you can work full-time. Since your studies begin on September 1st in my opinion it shouldn't be an issue for you to keep working full time until August 31st.
There should be an immigration team at the uni who can advise.

Quick Reply

Latest