The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by steffanie
I'm law at Josephine Butler :smile: staying at Collingwood though apparently
RE the open days, as far as I know... haha.
I chose to have my Butler open day on the 21st and my law open day on the 22nd, so I assume it's the same for you but with a day afterwards?
What have other people said? Confuzzling me, eek.

Hi, im Law at JB too and I'm going to the open day on Monday (21st) - Just wondering how you know you're staying at Collingwood? I'm starting to panic because they sent me an email today with just timings for the Monday but haven't let me know where I'm staying and I got my offer months ago and teh money for the night have been cashed by them... Scared now lol xx
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 4581
Original post by pianofluteftw
Anyone looking forward to the Open days? :biggrin:
Particularly St Aidan's or Physics :smile:

St Aidan's open day for geography :biggrin: so excited!!!
I'm going for the 22nd/23rd. When are you there?
Original post by jwilliamsbr1
Hi, im Law at JB too and I'm going to the open day on Monday (21st) - Just wondering how you know you're staying at Collingwood? I'm starting to panic because they sent me an email today with just timings for the Monday but haven't let me know where I'm staying and I got my offer months ago and teh money for the night have been cashed by them... Scared now lol xx

They emailed me in early February, and then sent another revised email in early March saying where I would be staying and eating etc. Did they email you before today? Maybe ring the JB admissions secretaries to check? The email also mentioned red and yellow clothing for the night and I have no idea what to wear :frown:
Original post by steffanie
They emailed me in early February, and then sent another revised email in early March saying where I would be staying and eating etc. Did they email you before today? Maybe ring the JB admissions secretaries to check? The email also mentioned red and yellow clothing for the night and I have no idea what to wear :frown:

Crap.. No they didn't email me, but I think they only received it early March so maybe that's why... I'm going to ring up Monday morning before I leave. :smile:
Thanks for the tip-off about the red and yellow clothing!! x Hopefully I'll meet you there!
Original post by jwilliamsbr1
Crap.. No they didn't email me, but I think they only received it early March so maybe that's why... I'm going to ring up Monday morning before I leave. :smile:
Thanks for the tip-off about the red and yellow clothing!! x Hopefully I'll meet you there!

Ahh right, that might be it. I'll PM you the message they sent me, just in case they put something on there that you need :smile:
Original post by watchthis
Yes I am. Looking forward to the Physics open day on tuesday!

Ah I'm there for the Wed one :smile: Should be good! :biggrin:
Original post by Hnk2401
St Aidan's open day for geography :biggrin: so excited!!!
I'm going for the 22nd/23rd. When are you there?

Yeah 22nd/ 23rd! :biggrin: I really can't wait to see what's going on and what it's like as I've heard little about it really! :smile:
Sigh, I have no idea how I am going to visit. Durham still hasn't stated my college yet, and I have a lack of time. (exams in 13 days, and then the massive 'all you have ever done for the past three years' exam in may).. There is so little time in between :frown:
Reply 4588
still haven't heard back from the college yet either and I received my offer some time ago
Original post by vms
still haven't heard back from the college yet either and I received my offer some time ago

yeah, I remember, I think about two days before me or something? :tongue:
Original post by vms

Mine took about 2 weeks for the letter to come (for Physics), but appeared on AES under useful links first after about 9 days. Where did you apply to anyway? (college- wise) :smile:
Reply 4591
Original post by Silent-Varjoisa
St Adian's college for me, how about you? Yh you're right I guess we have it easy compared to other overseas students. I met this girl at a UCL open day who'd flown from Korea just for the open day, 12 hour flight!

Nice, I don't know much about St Aidans, is it on the bailey or hill? I'm at St Johns for law :tongue: What school are you at? (in a non-creepy way :biggrin:)
Mine took about 2 weeks for the letter to come (for Physics), but appeared on AES under useful links first after about 9 days. Where did you apply to anyway? (college- wise) :smile:

hmm.. my useful links says: - John snow college
- colleges

Does that mean I got into John snow?
Original post by Amy124
Nice, I don't know much about St Aidans, is it on the bailey or hill? I'm at St Johns for law :tongue: What school are you at? (in a non-creepy way :biggrin:)

St Aidan's college is on the hill which explains there chess motto "A Step Above the Rest," ughhhhhh.

St John's looks great! I love the architecture.
Original post by Seentje
hmm.. my useful links says: - John snow college
- colleges

Does that mean I got into John snow?

Yes, that means it is VERY VERY VERY likely you got put in John Snow! :smile: (which is on Queen's Campus btw!) Have a look at their website by clicking the link!
Yes, that means it is VERY VERY VERY likely you got put in John Snow! :smile: (which is on Queen's Campus btw!) Have a look at their website by clicking the link!

I was hoping John snow :tongue: I'm a bit more on the traditional side I guess. Anyone else on here going there?
Reply 4596
Yeah 22nd/ 23rd! :biggrin: I really can't wait to see what's going on and what it's like as I've heard little about it really! :smile:

Yea I haven't heard much about it either and there isn't much online so I'm intrigued to find out for myself. My only worry is that it might be a bit far out of town
Original post by SaySomething

Original post by SaySomething
Hey guys. I received an offer for Law on 2nd March and on the letter on Track it said I would be contacted shortly by the college I have been allocated to. I still haven't received any further information and am worried since the open days are next week! I checked on AES and under the college link it said St. Aidans- does this mean I have been allocated there?

Does anyone know exactly who I can contact to gain information on when my open day is and which college I've been put in etc?
Thanks.

That probably means you've been allocated there. There's a document on their website which gives details of the open days for all the colleges.

http://www.dur.ac.uk/study/visit/undergraduate/postapp/

The letter is probably in the post but I'd ring the college direct and ask what you should do. Hope you manage to get there.
Reply 4598

I applied for Univ. On the useful links section it says University College but I highly doubt they'd accept me D: because I applied quite late into the game. How do you know the useful links section is accurate? thanks for the info though!!
Original post by vms
I applied for Univ. On the useful links section it says University College but I highly doubt they'd accept me D: because I applied quite late into the game. How do you know the useful links section is accurate? thanks for the info though!!

you never know, your Hogwarts dream might be coming to life :wink:

Latest