The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4040
Original post by daisycharlo
.. such a dilemma now though as QMUL have said they cant offer me accommodation as I live within commuting distance - bs imo as it easily takes nearly 2 hours :frown:

Really? I hope you don't mind me asking, but where are you from? x
Reply 4041
Firmed Warick and insured Sussex :smile:

Declined Notts and Hull. I hope I made the right choice with Warwick over Notts!
Original post by 2011law
One question:

Do you guys think I should firm LSE and insurance Warwick now or should I wait on QMUL as they said they will make a decision by the end of march?

I withdrew my QMUL app, so I could firm Durham. Unless you're going to firm or insurance it, I see no reason why you should wait. if anything it will open up a spot (if you were to get an offer), for someone else.
Original post by adam0311
I withdrew my QMUL app, so I could firm Durham. Unless you're going to firm or insurance it, I see no reason why you should wait. if anything it will open up a spot (if you were to get an offer), for someone else.

Did you hear from LSE in the end?
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Did you hear from LSE in the end?

Yup, no go from them. That's the only reason I've waited this long to firm Durham.
Original post by adam0311
Yup, no go from them. That's the only reason I've waited this long to firm Durham.

Dayum man.
Oh well, LSE admissions policy sucks anyway :smile:
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Dayum man.
Oh well, LSE admissions policy sucks anyway :smile:

I found it to be semi-inefficient. I had my application in in september. I asked several times whether they needed additional info (since I'm from the US). They always responded no, they have everything they need. Then like 3 weeks ago, i get an email from them saying they haven't reviewed my application bc they want an additional reference. This was even after asking whether they needed anything more (I asked 3+ times). My guess is that spots were filling up by the time they actually got around to reading my app.
Reply 4047
Original post by knb3
Bristol for sure!

i was about to firm exeter then saw this! for what reasons?
Reply 4048
Original post by lionboy
This is such a silly thread really...lets face it we all have three A's an some A* ... its difficult to imagine a career now with lower(perhaps AAB)...I hope everyone is bricking reading law as much as I am because by the sounds of the modules we are doing like alot of hours ....arhhhhh ! i want a hola from everone who is deep down kinda worried
Hola!

I got an offer from Bristol (Law) with an ABB!

And yes, i've heard there's a hell lot of reading, but it's just what we'll have to get used to.
Jett friends!!! Got offers to study Law this year at Bristol, Queen Mary and Warwick!! I'm in a sort of dilemma at the moment, although I haven't spent time to weigh each option: which one would you choose?
Original post by Nicola21
Really? I hope you don't mind me asking, but where are you from? x

Surrey :s Took me around an hour and 50 minutes when I went to the post offer open day :frown:
Original post by AristotleG
Jett friends!!! Got offers to study Law this year at Bristol, Queen Mary and Warwick!! I'm in a sort of dilemma at the moment, although I haven't spent time to weigh each option: which one would you choose?

Probably Bristol or Warwick. That would narrow it down a bit.
Original post by AristotleG

Congratulations on your offers; hard decision to make though! I'd go for either Bristol or Queen Mary. Bristol has the traditional aspect whereas Queen Mary lacks this but has an excellent law department and close proximity to London. I think because some subjects don't rate as highly as Law at QM, it is often not considered a 'first choice'. Have you visited them yet?
Reply 4053
Course: LLB Law
University: King's College London
Offer: AAAB
Original post by Xumam
Course: LLB Law
University: King's College London
Offer: AAAB

Congrats on the offer! Did you just hear from them? If you don't mind me asking, what did you get for LNAT?:smile:
Rejection from Edinburgh.

... and not a single f*** was given that day ...
Reply 4056
Hello,

All those with offers for Law courses at the University of Warwick who have or are very likely to firm Warwick, please come join the 'University of Warwick Law Firmers 2011' Thread.

Also, how many people are still waiting to hear back from Warwick for law? :smile:
Original post by *BB*
Hello,

All those with offers for Law courses at the University of Warwick who have or are very likely to firm Warwick, please come join the 'University of Warwick Law Firmers 2011' Thread.

Also, how many people are still waiting to hear back from Warwick for law? :smile:

I am, they've asked me for additional references and given me a really short notice deadline to get hold of them, so I'm not sure how that's going to pan out.

Think I'd rather go to Bristol anyway :tongue:
The University of York - Law - FIRM! - AAA

I am overjoyed. :nutcase: :innocent:
Original post by Lacrimosa

Original post by Lacrimosa
Congratulations on your offers; hard decision to make though! I'd go for either Bristol or Queen Mary. Bristol has the traditional aspect whereas Queen Mary lacks this but has an excellent law department and close proximity to London. I think because some subjects don't rate as highly as Law at QM, it is often not considered a 'first choice'. Have you visited them yet?

I actually haven't since I'm from Cyprus but I need to spent some more time lOoking into more aspects individually!! Bristol has tradition, Warwick dunno except that it's prestigious and QM that its Law is really comPetitive... Hmmm....

Latest

Trending

Trending