The Student Room Group

why does it seem there are no jobs out there?

im 16 and im about to leave high school soon with 11 GCSE which im predicted to pass all of them. i want to start appyling for jobs since the government scrapped EMA and i want to pay my own way, however there are no jobs out there the only work out there is voluntary work and thats about it. any paid work seems so be scarce and im really starting to worry about things now. the news states that one in five 16-24 year olds are jobless and that figure is set to increase so why are there no jobs out there for the young qualified people out there?
Depends what kind of work you are looking for. I'm seeing increasing amounts of shops advertising in windows, but if you are looking for office work or whatever, then there's next to nothing about.

If you can't get anything, voluntary will at least givve you some experience which will help in getting jobs.
Reply 2
The IT jobs market is pretty good. Maybe you could look into web design or web programming. Start by googling "learn html youtube" and you'll see there are loads or nice video tutorials. It's a good way to learn.
Reply 3
Original post by lilmissyox
im 16 and im about to leave high school soon with 11 GCSE which im predicted to pass all of them. i want to start appyling for jobs since the government scrapped EMA and i want to pay my own way, however there are no jobs out there the only work out there is voluntary work and thats about it. any paid work seems so be scarce and im really starting to worry about things now. the news states that one in five 16-24 year olds are jobless and that figure is set to increase so why are there no jobs out there for the young qualified people out there?

Passing your GCSEs hardly counts as being "qualified", you know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending