The Student Room Group

Computer Science or Physics

Hi, just wondering if employers would prefer a candidate with CS over someone with a physics degree. I'm quite interested in applying for a combined physics and CS degree but I don't know whether I should just do pure CS.
Original post by LShulker
Hi, just wondering if employers would prefer a candidate with CS over someone with a physics degree. I'm quite interested in applying for a combined physics and CS degree but I don't know whether I should just do pure CS.

I dont know but the evidence is there are more unemployed CS graduates than Physics ones.

Have a joint degree does not generally exclude you from jobs requiring either, so I'd say that there shouldn't be any issues with CS and Physics (and have seen people do well with it).
I didn't know that, any reason why? It seems like a lot of Physics grads go into software anyway so why would they have a higher employment rate?

I dont really know why but there is a high drop out rate with CS as well. Maybe the market is just saturated as loads want to take CS and Physics isnt that competitive to get into.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending