The Student Room Group

Facebook Marketplace??? Financial difficulties for years, living with nothing

I just need advice. I have no money again and i am refusing to go to my parents home as i can't, at the age in my 30s, want to go home early (I move back permanently by september following finishing a postgraduate course away from home)

Has anyone used facebook marketplace to sell?. I've got watches (which painfully arent of no value, otherwise i would have gone pawnbrokers) and i want to sell them but i fear of something bad happening (like getting robbed or killed), as facebook marketplace isnt like eBay where you dont have to meet the buyer.

what can i do in this crisis?? i've been fighting mental health for decades now, ive tried everything. there's no jobs here in the north of england either (where my uni is at), i can't go back home yet, i'm not ready. I have no money and food banks foods are awful. what can i flipping do ???
Reply 1
Whats wrong with going home to restart and figure things out? Sometimes you need that in order to grow and move to where you want to. If you can move back home, do it.
Original post by Quiet Benin
I just need advice. I have no money again and i am refusing to go to my parents home as i can't, at the age in my 30s, want to go home early (I move back permanently by september following finishing a postgraduate course away from home)

Has anyone used facebook marketplace to sell?. I've got watches (which painfully arent of no value, otherwise i would have gone pawnbrokers) and i want to sell them but i fear of something bad happening (like getting robbed or killed), as facebook marketplace isnt like eBay where you dont have to meet the buyer.

what can i do in this crisis?? i've been fighting mental health for decades now, ive tried everything. there's no jobs here in the north of england either (where my uni is at), i can't go back home yet, i'm not ready. I have no money and food banks foods are awful. what can i flipping do ???

What does "which painfully arent of no value, otherwise i would have gone pawnbrokers" mean? Are you saying that these watches are valuable, or that they're not valuable? If they are valuable, why not sell them to a pawnbroker? If they're not valuable, why try to sell them at all?
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
What does "which painfully arent of no value, otherwise i would have gone pawnbrokers" mean? Are you saying that these watches are valuable, or that they're not valuable? If they are valuable, why not sell them to a pawnbroker? If they're not valuable, why try to sell them at all?

Not valuable because ive been to every pawnbroker and they have rejected the watches. It's not luxury so this is the only way, to sell it.
Reply 4
Original post by Peace24
Whats wrong with going home to restart and figure things out? Sometimes you need that in order to grow and move to where you want to. If you can move back home, do it.

I can't seem to tolerate them anymore, they have never been happy with me
Original post by Quiet Benin
Not valuable because ive been to every pawnbroker and they have rejected the watches. It's not luxury so this is the only way, to sell it.

OK. But if they're not valuable, selling them (on Facebook Marketplace or elsewhere) isn't really going to keep you afloat financially, is it?

In your first post you said, "there's no jobs here in the north of england". Clearly there are some jobs, just maybe not the right jobs. Are in the right state, in terms of your mental health, to take-on a job right now anyway?
Reply 6
Original post by DataVenia
OK. But if they're not valuable, selling them (on Facebook Marketplace or elsewhere) isn't really going to keep you afloat financially, is it?

In your first post you said, "there's no jobs here in the north of england". Clearly there are some jobs, just maybe not the right jobs. Are in the right state, in terms of your mental health, to take-on a job right now anyway?

I am in the right state of mind to have at least a job for a month to get income to survive for the summer before i go home. I have to return to london where i will be earning at least 38,000 a year, but the burden to live with family is paining me because of poor social skills.

Nothing hasn't worked, its been like this for me since my undergraduate years. not eligible for overdraft or credit card.

Quick Reply

Latest