The Student Room Group

advice pleaseee

before i start i will state that this is not some pre teen does he like me or not thing so please read

Basically im 19 and suppose to be moving in two months but cant wait to go my family are causing me so much stress and ive just had enough of it all
I dont come from the average family so ill give explanations to why everyone is annoying me so much

-Mum
now my mums a ex heroin addict (i no wtf) she got of it when i was like 8 maybe 9 and then a couple years back there was a lot of talk within the family saying she was using again she had lost alot of weight and had a heart attack eventually the week before my 18th birthday she admitted that she had been using for that past year and not long after had another hart attack. You could imagine how much of a impact that had on me and my family she started a methadone programme but i know she has used since and word has started going around the family saying that she is using again or that she never stopped. she is very depressed and im worried that if im not here she will do something stupid however i obviously love my mum but just cant take it from her any more and am sick of having to deal with all of it. I am hoping to go to uni next year and am moving away this year for college but how am i suppose to concentrate on studying, getting good grades, and becoming what i would call a normal person when im constantly having to worry about whats going on with my family back home

-Sister

My sister is constantly arguing with my mum and i always seem to have to be the one in the middle with both sides calling me or badging into my room slagging of the other one or dragging me into the argument i have tried telling them both that i cant be around all this and ive had enough but although it seems as if they are listening a couple of days later it will just all start again

these are the only two members of my family that are causing me a problem and ive had enough there is no other family member i can stay with or anything until i do eventually move. They don't seem to realize the effect there actions are having on the people around them and have left me feeling depressed and contemplating if i should just go and leave them to it, wait for as long as possible before i go or just not go at all and end a person with no qualifications or anything for their sake.
Its driving me mad all i want is to have a normal life and when i eventually have kids to give them the life that i never had (a normal one lol)

I will appreciate any advice you can give on what i should do and ways i can deal with this
Original post by Anonymous
before i start i will state that this is not some pre teen does he like me or not thing so please read

Basically im 19 and suppose to be moving in two months but cant wait to go my family are causing me so much stress and ive just had enough of it all
I dont come from the average family so ill give explanations to why everyone is annoying me so much

-Mum
now my mums a ex heroin addict (i no wtf) she got of it when i was like 8 maybe 9 and then a couple years back there was a lot of talk within the family saying she was using again she had lost alot of weight and had a heart attack eventually the week before my 18th birthday she admitted that she had been using for that past year and not long after had another hart attack. You could imagine how much of a impact that had on me and my family she started a methadone programme but i know she has used since and word has started going around the family saying that she is using again or that she never stopped. she is very depressed and im worried that if im not here she will do something stupid however i obviously love my mum but just cant take it from her any more and am sick of having to deal with all of it. I am hoping to go to uni next year and am moving away this year for college but how am i suppose to concentrate on studying, getting good grades, and becoming what i would call a normal person when im constantly having to worry about whats going on with my family back home

-Sister

My sister is constantly arguing with my mum and i always seem to have to be the one in the middle with both sides calling me or badging into my room slagging of the other one or dragging me into the argument i have tried telling them both that i cant be around all this and ive had enough but although it seems as if they are listening a couple of days later it will just all start again

these are the only two members of my family that are causing me a problem and ive had enough there is no other family member i can stay with or anything until i do eventually move. They don't seem to realize the effect there actions are having on the people around them and have left me feeling depressed and contemplating if i should just go and leave them to it, wait for as long as possible before i go or just not go at all and end a person with no qualifications or anything for their sake.
Its driving me mad all i want is to have a normal life and when i eventually have kids to give them the life that i never had (a normal one lol)

I will appreciate any advice you can give on what i should do and ways i can deal with this

wow
what do u want pple to say? i dont really understand what you are asking...

im sorry and my mum adn sister fight all the time too
i know things seam hard but there's always a light at the end of the tunnel- no matter how long or whether u thnk its the middle of the night or not- there's always a light and a glimmer of hope <3
Reply 2
Original post by TrueLoveNeverDies
wow
what do u want pple to say? i dont really understand what you are asking...

im sorry and my mum adn sister fight all the time too
i know things seam hard but there's always a light at the end of the tunnel- no matter how long or whether u thnk its the middle of the night or not- there's always a light and a glimmer of hope <3

i suppose i just want to know if i should stay and just keep dealing with it or just up and leave with occasional visits back home
what would you do
and thanks for reply
Reply 3
let me just get straight to the piont yeah!...
I feel sorry for ya and goodluck in your life dear :wink:...
Original post by Anonymous
i suppose i just want to know if i should stay and just keep dealing with it or just up and leave with occasional visits back home
what would you do
and thanks for reply

ummm
i might concider moving out but somewhere not far away so i can visit like once a week or a fourtnight just so they woulnt feel rejected or abondoned and so i can still see them but not have to go through so much drama

hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending