The Student Room Group

Did you go to the same uni as anyone from your old school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by llacerta
I go to university with a couple of people I knew from my old school. One of them I hardly ever see as she's in the year above us and hence lives off campus, the other I see incredibly often as she's both from my year and I also introduced her to my friends who she also became very friendly with. Some people might find that strange, but it made sense at the time; she had difficulties making friends at first because she didn't really get along with the people she was living with, whilst I happened to live with just the sort of people I knew she'd make friends with, so yeah, she comes out on nights out with us and hangs out with us sometimes. Now it's further on in the year she's made plenty of other friends so it's not so much of an issue, but even though I wasn't the best of friends with her in high school or sixth form, I didn't really mind 'sharing' my friends, as such. On the contrary, it would have been rude not to.

That was nice of you :] :smile:
There are three other people I know going to the same university as me - one of whom I was at secondary school with and two I'm at sixth form with. I also went to primary school with one of those I'm at sixth form with, so that's going to be a bit strange! I'm not bothered about it though, I get on well with all three but I doubt I'll mix with them much once we get to uni, just say hi when we see each other around and stuff. It'd be nicer to make completely new friends really.
None of them are doing the same course as me (although strangely they are all doing the same course!) so I may not see them around that much anyway, although saying that I am going to a pretty small university so probably will see them...
Original post by Vitamin D
Lolwut. Just because she's going to the same uni as you doesn't mean you've got to be friends.

Is that Eddie Vedder in your sig? Just wondering.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I was the only person from my school to go in about four years :biggrin:

Your school probably has a special shrine for you then. "This student, who attended this school went to Oxford" etc. Or I bet teachers who are still at your school since you were there always use you as an example student for current students!
Original post by Bektas
Your school probably has a special shrine for you then. "This student, who attended this school went to Oxford" etc. Or I bet teachers who are still at your school since you were there always use you as an example student for current students!

There's no shrine, afaik, but they can be rather embarrassing about it :o:
There are 5 other people from my old school at my uni. i don't see them that much, nor do i make an effort to chat to them cos never did when i was back at school. So why the hell would I start now?!!
Original post by vedderfan94
Is that Eddie Vedder in your sig? Just wondering.

It is indeed.
Nah. I was even annoyed there were other people going to London :tongue:
theres probz like 5 people from my school who went to my uni but i hardly see them anyway :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending