The Student Room Group

Is it too late to transfer uni

I’ve just started my first week and the uni is pretty decent but everything else is probably the worst I’ve ever seen. I would rather transfer to get out of the horrible area I’m in and go to the uni I had an offer at but made a rash decision
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
1. Contact the University you had an offer at and see if they still have this space. (Keep in mind most student accomodation might be full and you will need to sort out your commute and other arrangements).
2. Talk to your current Personal Tutor about your decision.
3. You might have to reapply through UCAS, I'm not sure.
4. Update Student Finance.

Good luck. Give an update how it goes.
Reply 2
Original post by halcyondayz
I’ve just started my first week and the uni is pretty decent but everything else is probably the worst I’ve ever seen. I would rather transfer to get out of the horrible area I’m in and go to the uni I had an offer at but made a rash decision

What precisely is wrong.Did you visit either uni before hand.
Reply 3
Original post by Scotney
What precisely is wrong.Did you visit either uni before hand.

Both are good unis but one was an near an area where I used to live and work and one was really out of the way. I’ve been to uni before and have got two degrees and a postgraduate but my uni didn’t offer a nursing course. Everything feels so alien
Reply 4
Both are good unis but one was an near an area where I used to live and work and one was really out of the way. I’ve been to uni before and have got two degrees and a postgraduate but my uni didn’t offer a nursing course. Everything feels so alien

Alien in what way?Did you do all the other degrees at the same uni.How are your course mates and accommodation?Why did you originally pick this uni rather than the other.
Reply 5
Original post by Scotney
Alien in what way?Did you do all the other degrees at the same uni.How are your course mates and accommodation?Why did you originally pick this uni rather than the other.

I did all of my other study at the same uni. Most of the people on my course don’t interact with each other. I don’t know anyone for almost 100 miles. It was a slightly better faculty and facilities
Reply 6
I did all of my other study at the same uni. Most of the people on my course don’t interact with each other. I don’t know anyone for almost 100 miles. It was a slightly better faculty and facilities

You have only been there a week.Obviously you are not an 18 yr old straight out of school so do you not think you should give it more of a chance.There will be plenty of people you have yet to meet and once the course really gets going you will get to know your course mates better.Everyone is new right now and many are probably like rabbits caught in the headlights.You have been taken out of your comfort zone but that might be a good thing long term.
Reply 7
Original post by Scotney
You have only been there a week.Obviously you are not an 18 yr old straight out of school so do you not think you should give it more of a chance.There will be plenty of people you have yet to meet and once the course really gets going you will get to know your course mates better.Everyone is new right now and many are probably like rabbits caught in the headlights.You have been taken out of your comfort zone but that might be a good thing long term.

I think I should’ve just gone to the more familiar uni, I might just have to lose a year and reapply
Reply 8
I think I should’ve just gone to the more familiar uni, I might just have to lose a year and reapply

I thought you said your uni did not offer nursing?
Reply 9

Pretty sure clearing is open until October but not all universities or the courses your looking for from a specific university may be available. However do check, you have less than a month. Check on the dates of clearing and check whether the university you plan to move is open for clearing.
Reply 10
Original post by Scotney
I thought you said your uni did not offer nursing?

Pretty much 30 minutes on the train way. My current one is 5 hours. Everyone does things in a confusing way here. Everyone on the course is local but me
Reply 11
Pretty much 30 minutes on the train way. My current one is 5 hours. Everyone does things in a confusing way here. Everyone on the course is local but me

Well then phone the other uni and see what they say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending