The Student Room Group

[B] ****Prefect Application Form URGANT HELP NEEDED**** [/B]

Hey there,

I need urgent help lol.

Firstly there entry form says:

Why do you wish to be a prefect?

I said: I want to become a prefect to help the school and teachers become one as whole like when Martin Luther kind say " He wants to see white people and black people holding hand together".

I dont know what else to say!!! its just all puzzled up in my head

Secondly it states:

What responsibilities have you had or outside school?

I wrote: I was a peer-mentor, in year 9.Helped my mum buy her groceries and took her to the hospital.

I seriously need help in how to make mine stand out from the others. I would appriecate everyone who told me what they wrote and became prefect

Thanks for reading

:smile:
Reply 1
The analogy between becoming a prefect and campaigning for the end of racial segregation is a bit pretentious in my opinion. Just saying. Especially when you then go on to say that your responsibilities include helping your mum buy groceries.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Ok thanks I just stick to the basics then :smile:.

Oh and btw if you have'nt seen our school Its a racist school.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Sheel1
Ok thanks I just stick to the basics then :smile:.

Oh and btw if you have'nt seen our school Its a racist school.

I doubt that your school is racist in any way; however, by drawing that analogy you would imply that either the teachers are racist or the students are. Either way, playing the race/racism card won't do you any favours.

My advice is this: keep it simple and honest. Say you genuinely care about the school, the problems that you think matter to you and your school and how you think you can help.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by speedbird
I doubt that your school is racist in any way; however, by drawing that analogy you would imply that either the teachers are racist or the students are. Either way, playing the race/racism card won't do you any favours.

My advice is this: keep it simple and honest. Say you genuinely care about the school, the problems that you think matter to you and your school and how you think you can help.

Students are. But how can I make my entry stand out from all the others. I know there be good competition
Reply 5
Original post by Sheel1
Students are. But how can I make my entry stand out from all the others. I know there be good competition

Focus on your strengths.
Reply 6
say you want to five something back tot he school thats helped you so much and you want to help it be as good as possible! and that you want to get to know pupils in other years?
Reply 7
ok thanks
Reply 8
Original post by psychsarah
say you want to five something back tot he school thats helped you so much and you want to help it be as good as possible! and that you want to get to know pupils in other years?

Well not know pupils in other years i want to help them with their ploblems.
Reply 9
Well, to start with, good grammar and spelling always help....
WOW. Either a troll or retard

I would relish in the opportunity to become a prefect. I believe I would be able to set a great example not only to my peers but to lower school students and encourage others to be a positive influence in school life. I would be more than willing to carry out any duties required for me to do such as cleaning the common room, prefect duties or helping out with lower school. I consider myself not only willing to carry out these duties at break, lunch or after school but also be very reliable and capable. I'd like to work closer with teachers at school and help improve the school as I genuinely care. I think a great prefect team is what helps to make a successful year group and I would love to be a part of that success.

I've really enjoyed my responsibility as a peer mentor and I'd love to take on more opportunities and challenges like it in the future. It was a responsible role because I've had to deal with younger student's difficulties and support them, proving my maturity and approachability as a student.
Outside of school, I help my Mum at the grocery shop and really enjoy the responsibilty of taking charge of a shop and dealing with customers.

is there anything else you could write here? no sports teams etc? doesn't matter how small it is.

These are just a few ideas you could work on..I can't remember what I wrote but it was something along the lines of that! If you have good hand writing, hand write it instead of type maybe.. just be persuasive with what you're saying. Definitely check your spelling!
If you're not a shining example of a great student then this might seem a bit insincere.. in this case go with something more your style!
good luck :smile:
so sorry for any grammatical errors, just thought it would be helpful to give you something to think about.
Original post by Sheel1
Hey there,

I need urgent help lol.

Firstly there entry form says:

I said: I want to become a prefect to help the school and teachers become one as whole like when Martin Luther kind say " He wants to see white people and black people holding hand together".

I dont know what else to say!!! its just all puzzled up in my head

Secondly it states:

I wrote: I was a peer-mentor, in year 9.Helped my mum buy her groceries and took her to the hospital.

I seriously need help in how to make mine stand out from the others. I would appriecate everyone who told me what they wrote and became prefect

Thanks for reading

:smile:

I'm thinking possibly the analogy of Martin Luther King and being a prefect is a little OTT. I'd get rid of it. Also, helping your Mum buy the groceries is a responsibility that most young people have, and sounds a bit babyish in my opinion, and sounds like you're struggling to think of things (and therefore haven't done very much at all). It'd sound better to talk a bit more about beeing a peer mentor.

In mine I wrote that I'd like to draw on my own experiences of school life to help younger students who are unsure/struggling to settle in. It's nice to see an older, friendly face around school who's willing to help you. Also, I said that I'd benefited a lot from the school and would like to give something back and help to make student life better (maybe make a few suggestions, like help organise a sixth form committee - that's what one of the prefects in my year did; it's like student council but for 6th form specific issues?). I also said that I think I'd be suited to the role because I set a good example.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Rascacielos
I'm thinking possibly the analogy of Martin Luther King and being a prefect is a little OTT. I'd get rid of it. Also, helping your Mum buy the groceries is a responsibility that most young people have, and sounds a bit babyish in my opinion, and sounds like you're struggling to think of things (and therefore haven't done very much at all). It'd sound better to talk a bit more about beeing a peer mentor.

In mine I wrote that I'd like to draw on my own experiences of school life to help younger students who are unsure/struggling to settle in. It's nice to see an older, friendly face around school who's willing to help you. Also, I said that I'd benefited a lot from the school and would like to give something back and help to make student life better (maybe make a few suggestions, like help organise a sixth form committee - that's what one of the prefects in my year did; it's like student council but for 6th form specific issues?). I also said that I think I'd be suited to the role because I set a good example.

Erhm, Kinda silly question but do they look at the neat handwriting aswell?
Original post by Sheel1
Erhm, Kinda silly question but do they look at the neat handwriting aswell?

As long as it's legible, I'm sure it'll be fine. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending