The Student Room Group

i enrolled/transferred into a different uni and need help with student finance

i just started first year on 25th september (welcome week) in Uni A however due to circumstances i went to another institution (i'll call it uni B, but its more of a centre that offers degree courses by different Universities) that is closer and offers the same degree that I originally enrolled in.

basically i went for two days during welcome week in uni A during welcome week, then due to circumstances and cheaper tuition fees i went and got enrolled into uni B. I sent a withdrawal form to retention lead for my course at Uni A and it got approved and they sent it to the academic registry team and approved it (basically i got approved to be withdrawn from uni A). I also sent a Change of Circumstances form to let SFE know my course change and tuition fees change and i now go to Uni B because i already started my course in Uni A and I could only sent a Change of circumstances form to SFE as they didnt let me change online.

everything went ok so far, the withdrawal from Uni A got approved and now I am only enrolled in Uni B. (I enrolled in Uni B on 2nd October) However my student finance application is in withdrawn status and I dont know if this is meant to happen and I want to know if my student finance will still get transferred to Uni B as I've already sent a form to them to let them know of the change. I even sent my Uni B finance team an email to ask them to inform SFE that I am enrolled in Uni B now using my uni b email address but the student application still has the withdrawn status and I've got no word so my question is this normal or have i done something wrong?

update: i contacted the student finance team at Uni B where I am now and currently enrolled in. After providing my information they were able to re-instate my current sfe application and is now updated to show it is approved for Uni B.
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Original post by Ibraheem tufail
i just started first year on 25th september (welcome week) in Uni A however due to circumstances i went to another institution (i'll call it uni B, but its more of a centre that offers degree courses by different Universities) that is closer and offers the same degree that I originally enrolled in.

basically i went for two days during welcome week in uni A during welcome week, then due to circumstances and cheaper tuition fees i went and got enrolled into uni B. I sent a withdrawal form to retention lead for my course at Uni A and it got approved and they sent it to the academic registry team and approved it (basically i got approved to be withdrawn from uni A). I also sent a Change of Circumstances form to let SFE know my course change and tuition fees change and i now go to Uni B because i already started my course in Uni A and I could only sent a Change of circumstances form to SFE as they didnt let me change online.

everything went ok so far, the withdrawal from Uni A got approved and now I am only enrolled in Uni B. (I enrolled in Uni B on 2nd October) However my student finance application is in withdrawn status and I dont know if this is meant to happen and I want to know if my student finance will still get transferred to Uni B as I've already sent a form to them to let them know of the change. I even sent my Uni B finance team an email to ask them to inform SFE that I am enrolled in Uni B now using my uni b email address but the student application still has the withdrawn status and I've got no word so my question is this normal or have i done something wrong?

Hi Ibraheem,

Have you received your first Maintenance Loan instalment?

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Ibraheem,

Have you received your first Maintenance Loan instalment?

Thanks, Graeme

Yes I received it and now I have been sent a letter saying ive been overpaid, what do I do about that and about all this. I would appreciate any help
Original post by Ibraheem tufail
Yes I received it and now I have been sent a letter saying ive been overpaid, what do I do about that and about all this. I would appreciate any help

Hi there, The overpayment would be correct as you withdrew from the previous course, what should have been sent was a Transfer Change of Circumstances from University B not a Withdrawal from University A. If you can call us on 0300 100 0607 we can look into this further via your account. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending