The Student Room Group

What is wrong with people.

I see so many threads like "Girls what do you like/prefer..". This must be the most stupid question I've ever read aren't all girls different they are all into different things they look for different things in a partner. The female population of TSR does not represent the female population of the world.
Original post by SAK.A
I see so many threads like "Girls what do you like/prefer..". This must be the most stupid question I've ever read aren't all girls different they are all into different things they look for different things in a partner. The female population of TSR does not represent the female population of the world.

How is it a stupid question? Yes, many girls are into different things, hence why people start such topics.

If all girls were exactly the same, then I think people wouldn't bother starting such topics.

You've slightly contradicted yourself there.
Reply 2
Original post by o Rebecca o
How is it a stupid question? Yes, many girls are into different things, hence why people start such topics.

If all girls were exactly the same, then I think people wouldn't bother starting such topics.

Asking ten different girls what they look for in a man may be completely different from what the girl you fancy looks for in a man. Hence making the topic is pointless.
Original post by SAK.A
Asking ten different girls what they look for in a man may be completely different from what the girl you fancy looks for in a man. Hence making the topic is pointless.

People may be creating topics like that for a bit of fun and conversation, and may have no relevance to a crush they may have.

Yes, all the girls who take part in these topics may have completely different tastes to a girl you may like. Which is why the only way you're going to know things about a certain girl's tastes/interests is to ask her directly.

I can understand how seeing the same topics created by 20 different people can be annoying though.
Reply 4
Original post by o Rebecca o

Most boards phrase it as 'will girls like me if I do this?' or something though, which just seems pointless because you're bound to get different answers and there is no one response yet they expect a definite response as if all girls will think the same.
It's a stupid question, obviously not everyone thinks the same and you don't need to ask people to be able to find this out.
Original post by lizlaz350
Most boards phrase it as 'will girls like me if I do this?' or something though, which just seems pointless because you're bound to get different answers and there is no one response yet they expect a definite response as if all girls will think the same.
It's a stupid question, obviously not everyone thinks the same and you don't need to ask people to be able to find this out.

I can see a good point in your post.

If the topic is based on a personal situation, such as an OP would ask "Would my GF be mad at me if I went on holiday with my mates" Then yes it would be completely pointless to ask a forum this, as everybody reacts differently to things.

I'm pointing out that general harmless topics like "Do you prefer men with beards or not" "what's your ideal man" sort of questions are harmless to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending