The Student Room Group

I have received all my offers from Uni, can I change this late?! HELP PLEASE!

Hey everyone, so basically I'm doing an Access course and all my grades are good so far and out of the 5 universities that I applied for all of them have given me conditional offers. I want to do Media Studies and English Lang. joint degree full-time.

The problem is....My first choice was going to be London Met. I did research on all of the universities that I applied for and it took me ages to decide but somehow I managed to miss the fact that London Met has a terrible rep! So now I'm thinking I've made a bad decision. I might be a mature student but I do want to live the student life AND get my degree. I was worried anyway about the accommodation being so separate from the Uni but after hearing about the teachers, social life, facilities and the area being bad it's really put me off. I want to choose Nottingham Trent as my insurance choice but I really wanted to study in London especially as I'm doing a quite pratical media based course.

I know media courses get alot of stick but I always think it doesn't matter what degree you have, as long as you are passionate about that subject, it's what you do with it after. However, if it's from a rubbish Uni then that is a different matter!

Anyway, My question is, can I decline Brighton or another choice and still apply for another Uni in London (that I was looking at to begin with) or am I too late? I don't want to decline all my choices and go through extra at the risk of loosing Nottingham Trent's offer.

All of your help would be appreciated!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
No. You either stick with what you have, or decline them all for Extra.
I don't think you can, sorry.
maybe decline all your offers and try applying to new places, through ucas extra? although this is a risky strategy.
Original post by Sarah_Jane
Hey everyone, so basically I'm doing an Access course and all my grades are good so far and out of the 5 universities that I applied for all of them have given me conditional offers. I want to do Media Studies and English Lang. joint degree full-time.

The problem is....My first choice was going to be London Met. I did research on all of the universities that I applied for and it took me ages to decide but somehow I managed to miss the fact that London Met has a terrible rep! So now I'm thinking I've made a bad decision. I might be a mature student but I do want to live the student life AND get my degree. I was worried anyway about the accommodation being so separate from the Uni but after hearing about the teachers, social life, facilities and the area being bad it's really put me off. I want to choose Nottingham Trent as my insurance choice but I really wanted to study in London especially as I'm doing a quite pratical media based course.

I know media courses get alot of stick but I always think it doesn't matter what degree you have, as long as you are passionate about that subject, it's what you do with it after. However, if it's from a rubbish Uni then that is a different matter!

Anyway, My question is, can I decline Brighton or another choice and still apply for another Uni in London (that I was looking at to begin with) or am I too late? I don't want to decline all my choices and go through extra at the risk of loosing Nottingham Trent's offer.

All of your help would be appreciated!

You can ring up the unis BEFORE you decline you're other 5 offers, to see if there are spaces for your course, and to see whether they would be willing to accept you.
Reply 4
hey hun. why dont you apply again, thats what one of my friend is going to do and plz
Reply 5
Thanks guys! Think I will call the Uni and see if there is anyway I can get in direct and not through UCAS? Or something like that? If not.....Looks like I will end up studying at Nottingham Trent! Which I am happy about but again, I've heard bad things about the area and I was getting so excited about going to London. Nottingham can't be as bad as Cov though right....!
Thanks guys! Think I will call the Uni and see if there is anyway I can get in direct and not through UCAS? Or something like that? If not.....Looks like I will end up studying at Nottingham Trent! Which I am happy about but again, I've heard bad things about the area and I was getting so excited about going to London. Nottingham can't be as bad as Cov though right....!

Well no, it would have to be through ucas..
So you would ring up, and then if they say yes, then you would decline all your offers and go through ucas extra.
Also nottingham's great! :smile:
Reply 7
Ohhh okay thanks, I'm not all that clued up on the whole UCAS extra thing but that sounds like a plan. Suppose if they tell me on the phone or whatever that they can accept me (hopefully) then extra won't be so risky.
Reply 8

Ohhh okay thanks, I'm not all that clued up on the whole UCAS extra thing but that sounds like a plan. Suppose if they tell me on the phone or whatever that they can accept me (hopefully) then extra won't be so risky.

You will need to apply through UCAS, and they will not tell you on the phone if they will definitely give you an offer.
Reply 9

thats good would you want tto add me on fn? ad me lu g king

:smile:

x

Well they can't say for definite that they will give you an offer, sorry if that was unclear, but they will say if it's likely for them to consider you.. So it is still risky.. but if you have the grades/experience/whatever they're looking for, and they are accepting applicants, then the risk is lower!
Reply 11
Oh! Again, as you can tell, I haven't got a clue about UCAS extra haha! But thanks for all your help, I just need to make the decision of what I want to do now then I suppose!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending