The Student Room Group

Adult nursing BSC - Huddersfield

Has anybody currently on the distance blended learning course at Huddersfield that can offer any insight into placements please and funding? I am looking into returning as an adult learner and embracing a career change and wanted to look how feasible it would be with two young children. Any advice or tips would be appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Louise2300
Has anybody currently on the distance blended learning course at Huddersfield that can offer any insight into placements please and funding? I am looking into returning as an adult learner and embracing a career change and wanted to look how feasible it would be with two young children. Any advice or tips would be appreciated

I've amended your title slightly to help you get some replies :smile:

Hi Louise,

For mature students studying nursing you can get SFE tuition loan to cover the course fees, you are also entitled to a £5000/year nhs learners grant and if your children are younger than 16 you would be entitled to up to £2000 in parental grants. SFE also offer a maintenance loan which can be up to £8000 but you can search online to find out how much of this you will be entitled to based on your circumstances.

Should you be elegible for the maximum of all this could be £15000 per year to help towards living, studying and travel costs.

Currently applying for September 2025 myself and have a 2 year old and baby due in May. 😊
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by MelanieShaw24
Hi Louise,

For mature students studying nursing you can get SFE tuition loan to cover the course fees, you are also entitled to a £5000/year nhs learners grant and if your children are younger than 16 you would be entitled to up to £2000 in parental grants. SFE also offer a maintenance loan which can be up to £8000 but you can search online to find out how much of this you will be entitled to based on your circumstances.

Should you be elegible for the maximum of all this could be £15000 per year to help towards living, studying and travel costs.

Good afternoon
Thank you so much for your response this would make it doable and it’s only for 3 years I suppose thank you for your help!
Reply 4
Hi Louise,

Currently applying for September 2025 myself and have a 2 year old and baby due in May. 😊

Congratulations on your forthcoming baby!
Where are you considering applying to?
Congratulations on your forthcoming baby!
Where are you considering applying to?

Oh thank you! I am applying to Huddersfield too! 😊
Reply 6
That’s great!! X
Reply 7
Oh thank you! I am applying to Huddersfield too! 😊

Hi again!
Have you received any information regarding placements or how often we will be required to attend university on this course at all?
Hi again!
Have you received any information regarding placements or how often we will be required to attend university on this course at all?

Hi louise!

On the Huddersfield website for the blended course I recall reading that you only attend uni for up to 20 days per academic year. Placement is usually in 2 blocks and is roughly 3 days per week xx
Reply 9
Hi louise!

On the Huddersfield website for the blended course I recall reading that you only attend uni for up to 20 days per academic year. Placement is usually in 2 blocks and is roughly 3 days per week xx

Thanks for this! Sounds ideal. Have you applied through UCAS yet?
Reply 10
Just applied to Huddersfield too 🙂 Keep checking my emails for an interview but nothing yet. Got interviews at Leeds and Sheffield but really want Huddersfield
Reply 11
Original post by DawnHa
Just applied to Huddersfield too 🙂 Keep checking my emails for an interview but nothing yet. Got interviews at Leeds and Sheffield but really want Huddersfield

Hi there hopefully you will hear soon! Do you live near there or do you like the look of the blended learning? I do I’m looking at Huddersfield, Sheffield and chesterfield
Reply 12
Hi there hopefully you will hear soon! Do you live near there or do you like the look of the blended learning? I do I’m looking at Huddersfield, Sheffield and chesterfield

I live about 40 mins away so I am able to travel. I have looked at the blended route and thinking of applying for that also but would much rather have to attend uni
Reply 13
Original post by DawnHa
I live about 40 mins away so I am able to travel. I have looked at the blended route and thinking of applying for that also but would much rather have to attend uni

Hi there
Have you had an interview yet for Huddersfield?
Reply 14
Original post by DawnHa

Hi there
Have you had your interview yet?
Reply 15
Hi there

Hi
I’ve got an interview for Huddersfield on Weds this coming week, can let you know how it goes afterwards. It’s for the full time course though, not blended.
Reply 16
Hi there

Hi Louise, yep had interview and given a conditional offer!! Yourself?
Reply 17
Original post by DawnHa
Hi Louise, yep had interview and given a conditional offer!! Yourself?

Hi there
Had my interview about a week ago am waiting for a response it’s so exciting
Reply 18
Hi there
Had my interview about a week ago am waiting for a response it’s so exciting

Did you apply for the blended or FT, how long was it after your interview did you receive your conditional if you don’t mind me asking?
Reply 19
Did you apply for the blended or FT, how long was it after your interview did you receive your conditional if you don’t mind me asking?

I applied for BSC adult nursing full time.
I did the interview on a Monday at 11 and got email about conditional on Wednesday around 3.30pm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending