The Student Room Group

I cried while on my phone, and now

the touch screen doesn't work at all. Are my tears likely to have caused enough water damage warrant this? I didn't cry loads, and my tears fell onto the side of the phone, though there were tears under the back cover when I took it off. It's in the airing cupboard drying out at the moment, but I'm not sure that's even the problem.
Reply 1
lolololololololol.

u need to change the touchscreen part, go to the repairist
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
This is probably the saddest thing i've seen all day
Alice?! Is that you Alice?!

*Drink me*
Reply 4
what were you crying about
You may need to get the touchscreen replaced. Go to the phone repair shop.
i've actually done this before during arguments with bfs haha, i usually put it in the airing cupboard or on the radiator and its fine in a day or two:smile:
Stick it in a bowl of rice.
Reply 9
crying can do that much damage. once my friend went to a rave and put her phone in her bra (as you do) and danced so much that she sweated a lot and there was water damage and she had to get a new phone...
Original post by sweeter than a cherry pie

the touch screen doesn't work at all. Are my tears likely to have caused enough water damage warrant this? I didn't cry loads, and my tears fell onto the side of the phone, though there were tears under the back cover when I took it off. It's in the airing cupboard drying out at the moment, but I'm not sure that's even the problem.

Might have been that, sure sounds like it.
Call the manufacturer or whoever will cover it and see if you can get it fixed.
Original post by babyinks

Original post by babyinks
crying can do that much damage. once my friend went to a rave and put her phone in her bra (as you do) and danced so much that she sweated a lot and there was water damage and she had to get a new phone...

Indeed. Sweat and tears contain salt, which contains electrolytes. Electrolytes in liquids will eff up electronics a lot more than water will. This is why some people stress not to use phones, headphones, etc when you're sweating or excreting bodily fluids.

With water it's as simple as drying it and putting it in rice for a few days if it isn't' that bad. Get a few drops of sweat or tears in the right spaces and you're done.
Reply 12
Maybe you should call it a...Cryphone?

Ha!

I don't actually have any advice for you, OP. Sorry.
It's working fine again after a few hours in the airing cupboard. Thank you all for your input, including the unhelpful comments at the top, which amused me. :smile:
It's working fine again after a few hours in the airing cupboard. Thank you all for your input, including the unhelpful comments at the top, which amused me. :smile:

your name + this thread makes me want to cuddle something better
Original post by Lyndon1504
your name + this thread makes me want to cuddle something better

Aw, thanks - you have no idea how much I need a cuddle right now. :cry2: Oh well. Must just soldier on! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Aw, thanks - you have no idea how much I need a cuddle right now. :cry2: Oh well. Must just soldier on! :smile:

You need to post a thread in H&R!
Reply 17
Original post by LimeTree.
This is probably the saddest thing i've seen all day

I ran out of rep...

but i agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending