The Student Room Group

bf problems - are we just incompatible

this is a big rant im sorry -

basically my bf is completely emotionally detached, obviously uncomfortable with my emotions, and has little to no empathy for others (he told me this) which is basically the opposite of me. he says he loves me but never shows it in his actions. when we go out he just sits on his phone texting other people - i've even caught him texting his ex (not in a sexual way just a casual way) when we're in bed together and if i call him out he laughs at me and seems to enjoy seeing me 'jealous'.

he's extremely condescending and acts as if he knows better than me, obviously projects his own insecurities on me (constantly calls me 'socially awkward' and 'boring'), and has no interest in my life/opinions/desires. he makes jokes about going back to his ex, fancying other people or me not being good enough, and then acts as if im too sensitive for not laughing along. sometimes he seems to even purposefully makes comments that will make me feel bad bc i think he finds it cute and amusing if i get upset by them

the few times i've cried around him, he immediately went cold and told me not to cry around him as it makes him uncomfortable. ironically my friend said to me a few days ago 'if my bf spoke to you like he does i'd probably be crying constantly'

one thing i hate is that whenever a friend or coworker of his appears he immediately ignores me and just focuses on them, laughing and chatting away, doesn't even look at me and acts like im not there. i only noticed this because a mutual friend actually brought it up to me in concern.

so yeah. it sucks bc i genuinely love this guy and the first six months were wonderful he couldnt have been better. but now it's suddenly gone downhill and it feels terrible i think i might have to break up with him. idk.
Your thoughts on what to do are spot on. Break up with him today.
He's a psychopath / borderline psychopath.
Deffo incompatible and I imagine most people would be with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending