The Student Room Group

Advice and support

Hi everyone! I’m new here. I have as of the 8th of Jan became a student nurse. I am currently studying in Liverpool and have chosen Adult nursing. I was wondering, if there is any advice you could give what would it be? I’m feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment but really know this is what I want to do. I am 32 and this is my second time at uni.
Hey,

Congratulations on starting your nursing degree!

It is very common to feel overwhelmed especially at the start of the course as it is all new.

It is great that you know that this is what you want so don't feel disheartened that you feel a little overwhelmed.

Check out this post that gives you top tips from our students around organising your time and more: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7433151

I hope this helps and good luck with studying Adult Nursing! :smile:
Original post by Danielle Lewis
Hi everyone! I’m new here. I have as of the 8th of Jan became a student nurse. I am currently studying in Liverpool and have chosen Adult nursing. I was wondering, if there is any advice you could give what would it be? I’m feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment but really know this is what I want to do. I am 32 and this is my second time at uni.

Hey Danielle!

First of all, congratulations!! It can be really overwhelming when you first get into uni and have to start thinking about starting the course. When i found out i got in i was so happy i cried a little! But it also felt a little scary and overwhelming! Focus on all the exciting things and start shopping for different stationary, a little bit at a time spreads the cost and also helps the excitment grow while making sure you aren't doing it all at once which is overwhelming.

Best of luck!
Jess - Digital Student Ambassador ARU
Original post by ARUStudents
Hey Danielle!

First of all, congratulations!! It can be really overwhelming when you first get into uni and have to start thinking about starting the course. When i found out i got in i was so happy i cried a little! But it also felt a little scary and overwhelming! Focus on all the exciting things and start shopping for different stationary, a little bit at a time spreads the cost and also helps the excitment grow while making sure you aren't doing it all at once which is overwhelming.

Best of luck!
Jess - Digital Student Ambassador ARU

Thank you so much Jess.

Great advice I LOVE stationary

Good luck to you too

Danielle 😊
Original post by CCCU Health Rep
Hey,

Congratulations on starting your nursing degree!

It is very common to feel overwhelmed especially at the start of the course as it is all new.

It is great that you know that this is what you want so don't feel disheartened that you feel a little overwhelmed.

Check out this post that gives you top tips from our students around organising your time and more: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7433151

I hope this helps and good luck with studying Adult Nursing! :smile:

Thanks so much. I will join this now
Hi there,

1st year - Get some comfy shoes. Take in everything you can, and make sure your time management is spot on; you may do placement and have assignment deadlines at the same time. Ask questions at placement, and maybe keep a little notebook with you to make little notes. Scrub up on your Harvard referencing (if your university uses that)

I am a mature student, and I know how daunting it can be to enter nursing. My biggest piece of advice would be the time management thing, as getting that nailed down will make the rest of the degree a lot smoother.

Don’t forget to reach out for help if you need it, that’s what the university is there for

Nat
Third-year student nurse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending