The Student Room Group

Friendship break up?

I have a friend of 3 years who I consider one of my closest.

We grew closer over the past year and spoke all the time. This became a part of my routine, we would talk daily for months.

Sometimes we would talk on whatsapp, instagram, twitter all in the same day.

Now some distance has built up, in the past 2 months we would talk every week at least, after 3-4 days we would send each other things to talk about and still hear from each other. Now it feels like things have changed at the flick of a light switch.

The last time she messaged me first was 3 weeks ago. After 10 days I started conversation and we spoke for a few days but now it has been another week and this feels so different because she's not making an effort with me anymore.

I feel confused and abandoned. I really tried to speak to her again but it can't be all one sided. This is affecting me deeply. In these 2 weeks I have cried about it more times than I've cried about anything in years. It feels like a break up.

I am really struggling with the fact that I used to have 3 notifications from her on different social media all in the same day and now nothing.

In August there was about 10 days we didn't speak and she reached out apologising for being off the grid and said she misses me. It hurts remembering these things because now I don't know if I'll hear from her again.

My phone is so dry now and I realise she was one of the only people who cared to talk to me. I realise I became attached/dependant because she really cared and made an effort.

Even if she does reach out again with a meme or anything I don't think I will be able to hold this in and act normal when this is hurting me real bad. I feel so disappointed.

She would send me things all the time that reminded her of me. I know they still do, so I don't know why that's suddenly stopped? Why she thinks I'm not worth reaching out to anymore.

I want to explain how I feel and have that conversation but I don't feel like I can approach her if she doesn't want to talk to me anymore.

I need to protect my heart 😞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending