The Student Room Group

Depressed about this: has anyone NOT started revision for Easter?

I'm very depressed about this: has anyone NOT started revision for Easter? I can't I have no motivation at all. I'm crying on the floor at times since I have four uni exams I haven't revised for, all straight after easter. :frown: Can anyone give me reassurance that it can be done. I haven't done much of this semester's work at all you see so I'm panicking.
Share your stories/situations too.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You'll be fine. It's only university exams. They're a doddle! :smile:

I started revising for my A level exams 1 month ago. I want my AAAA :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by No!

A month ago, I haven't started! :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by No!

:rolleyes:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
A month ago, I haven't started! :frown:

A well I'm sure you can postpone ALL the A level exams in the country to when they suit you. You're clearly more important than everyone else! :smile:
Reply 5
I haven't started any revision for my AS levels yet, I have four exams just after easter too like you have and many others probably have too. When I do start revision (withing the next week) I don't think I will find motivation an issue but I do get distracted very easily. I start off doing some work and end up on BFBC2 or L4D far too often. :wink: That is one disadvantage of doing your work next to or on a computer.
I started today.
Similar situation as you. Four exams, starting at the beginning of May.
Not really much work done through-out the semester.
If I want to do what I want to do when I've graduated, I have to revise. That has been my only motivation since I started uni and it works and it's working now.
You'll be fine, as long as you get started like now... Plan your time. Maybe a chapter for each module a day or something.
Reply 7
I'm very depressed about this: has anyone NOT started revision for Easter? I can't I have no motivation at all. I'm crying on the floor at times since I have four uni exams I haven't revised for, all straight after easter. :frown: Can anyone give me reassurance that it can be done. I haven't done much of this semester's work at all you see so I'm panicking.

ive got my dissertation due on the 5th of may, and 3 essays due on the 28th of april. im half done with my dissertation but havent started the essays. also, i have 4 exams, which i havent started revision on.

so long as you begin revision now, youll do just fine. i usually begin studying a week before my exams and i do great.

Exactly like you m8, and I'm panicking!!! Feel there is so much to do!

I firmly believe that you can revise a semesters work in a week if you go about it the right way. What is your subject? Feel free to private message me if you want (I won't give your anonymity away!) revision tips. Seriously, i don't mind helping!
Reply 10

Original post by No!

Really?
Reply 11

If you are a first year - don't worry about it
If not, get started tomorrow morning! Get all lecture notes together, practice past papers and just really knuckle down and start working. Sitting around crying isn't going to help and if you start now you should do fine. What subject is it?
I haven't done much revision because I've had 2 big pieces of coursework and my dissertation to finish for the first day back! Just try and do a little bit each day. Some people do just work better under pressure, but you don't want to really stress yourself out, so try and at least make a start.
Reply 13
Original post by dinotopiaisawful
I firmly believe that you can revise a semesters work in a week if you go about it the right way. What is your subject? Feel free to private message me if you want (I won't give your anonymity away!) revision tips. Seriously, i don't mind helping!

Is it okay if you post the tips here? That would be very much appreciated if so, thank you. :smile:
Me. Just had my 2 week break and did practically nothing at all, really..like nothing. I have an assignment due in next Tuesday, 1500 words it shouldn't be too difficult. Going to try and do it over tomorrow and Thursday.

Then I have three exams, one April 28th, one May 10th, one May 16th. I'll start revision soon..I swear it...yeah...
Original post by dinotopiaisawful

I'd be interested in such tips too :smile:

but seriously OP - make a study plan, and alot reasonable amounts of time to study for each thing. Get up early, study some, have breakfast, waste some time, study something else, have lunch, waste some time, more studying and evening off (unless you can study till late and wake up early witha fresh mind). Do a differentsection each time, and you'll manage it. :smile:

Meet up with people to strictly revise with, ask questions and explain things too. It also helps. ; )
Reply 16
I need more help guys, was hoping to get stories of reassurance. :frown:
i have to start too :frown: it's like my brains on snooze
Reply 18
Can someone give me an experience where they came out of a tough situation with semester exams at uni?
OMG, someone else who can feel my pain... Im the same hunni, have not started anything at all and have my first exam is in a month :frown:. I'm really stressing aswell, just have to try and get off the internet, go somewhere quiet like the libary and get some work done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending