The Student Room Group

How many quotes examiners want? [English Lit]

Alright well Im just wondering how many quotes the examiners want for the AQA English Lit exam for Of Mice And Men

How many quotes do you think are more than enough?
It's not quantity, it's quality.
Reply 2
Original post by ju1c
Alright well Im just wondering how many quotes the examiners want for the AQA English Lit exam for Of Mice And Men

How many quotes do you think are more than enough?

This, you need REALLY developed points, I think I only wrote 3 pages in the real exam for the 27 marker?
Reply 3
Relevant and useful, I'd say between 5 and 10-12 is what you would normally use. But as always, quality above quantity. They have to be relevant. You can't just quote 'Alabama' when talking about To Kill A Mockingbird
Reply 4
For my mock I used just 3 primary quotes with 4 secondary (1 secondary for each 2, and 2 for the 3rd) and my teacher's said it looks to be up to my normal standard which is A, almost A*. Really depends on the question too, if they ask about characters you'll need more than if they ask for a theme...
Original post by DonFahad
Relevant and useful, I'd say between 5 and 10-12 is what you would normally use. But as always, quality above quantity. They have to be relevant. You can't just quote 'Alabama' when talking about To Kill A Mockingbird

Hey,

Seen as though you can't predict which character will come up, how can you be expected to learn 10 for each character i.e about 70 quotes
Reply 6
Original post by dabest2500
It's not quantity, it's quality.

That's basically it in a nutshell! For my coursework/controlled assessment, I just used quotes that enabled me to support whatever the point I was trying to get across was.
Only use quotations that are absolutely necessary. I know examiners and teachers hate big chunks of quotation, they prefer it short and sweet. Which is why I used short, integrated quotes within my piece. It worked for me (I only lost one mark), so that's a suggestion.
If you want an example of what I wrote, just ask!
:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by zeezee06
That's basically it in a nutshell! For my coursework/controlled assessment, I just used quotes that enabled me to support whatever the point I was trying to get across was.
Only use quotations that are absolutely necessary. I know examiners and teachers hate big chunks of quotation, they prefer it short and sweet. Which is why I used short, integrated quotes within my piece. It worked for me (I only lost one mark), so that's a suggestion.
If you want an example of what I wrote, just ask!
:smile:

I'm struggling a bit this as well could you show us an example. By the way how much variation will there be between what you've done for coursework and what your expected to do in an exam
Reply 8
Original post by GabGirl
I'm struggling a bit this as well could you show us an example. By the way how much variation will there be between what you've done for coursework and what your expected to do in an exam

Well, to be honest, I'm still in year 10, so I'm not entirely sure about what I need to do in the exam. However, I'm just offering , my knowledge on how to quote in essays as applying this intergration method has really helped me get the marks I want.

I will message you an example of what I wrote :smile: Please respect my rights to my own work and don't share without my permission etc. Not saying you would, just a precaution :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by zeezee06
Well, to be honest, I'm still in year 10, so I'm not entirely sure about what I need to do in the exam. However, I'm just offering , my knowledge on how to quote in essays as applying this intergration method has really helped me get the marks I want.

I will message you an example of what I wrote :smile: Please respect my rights to my own work and don't share without my permission etc. Not saying you would, just a precaution :smile:

Hey, could you PM me it too.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending