The Student Room Group

Toys R Us Trainee Management

I know there is at least one other thread on this but it seems to have totally died off so I'm going to try and kick start another one.

I will soon be starting as a trainee manager at Toys R Us; so first of all will anybody else be starting on this scheme in June 2011, surely I can't be the only one? Secondly does anybody have any experience of this grad scheme at all (friends, relatives on it etc.) as there seems to be nothing at all on the internet about it that I can find.

Even if somebody else had just worked at a Toys R Us store part-time or Christmas temp or whatever I would love to hear about your store experiencies with the company particularly on issues such as how the management hierarchy works etc. Basically any information on the company would be very useful.
Reply 1
Really did you university not put you off the idea from the go like they did with myself. slave labour is what they said to me I just hope they wernt right for your sake!
Reply 2
Original post by j_bo
I know there is at least one other thread on this but it seems to have totally died off so I'm going to try and kick start another one.

I will soon be starting as a trainee manager at Toys R Us; so first of all will anybody else be starting on this scheme in June 2011, surely I can't be the only one? Secondly does anybody have any experience of this grad scheme at all (friends, relatives on it etc.) as there seems to be nothing at all on the internet about it that I can find.

Even if somebody else had just worked at a Toys R Us store part-time or Christmas temp or whatever I would love to hear about your store experiencies with the company particularly on issues such as how the management hierarchy works etc. Basically any information on the company would be very useful.

Hey, was just wondering how long it was between attending the talent showcase and hearing back?
Reply 3
I found out about 8 days after the 'talent showcase' and I was called by one of the people that interviewed us to be offered a job. Did you get kept behind after the group interview for a one-on-one interview?
Reply 4

Original post by j_bo
I found out about 8 days after the 'talent showcase' and I was called by one of the people that interviewed us to be offered a job. Did you get kept behind after the group interview for a one-on-one interview?

hey ah ok, its been 9 days today, yer i did. Did you? Congrats with getting a job! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by star20
hey ah ok, its been 9 days today, yer i did. Did you? Congrats with getting a job! :smile:

If you got kept behind then its looking pretty good that you have the job like :smile: I'm still waiting to find out where I'm going to be based and I start in about 7/8 weeks. Let me know if you get it, it'll be nice to find someone else who is going to work for them.
Grad schemes in a place like toys'r'us are for no-hopers.
Reply 7

Original post by j_bo
If you got kept behind then its looking pretty good that you have the job like :smile: I'm still waiting to find out where I'm going to be based and I start in about 7/8 weeks. Let me know if you get it, it'll be nice to find someone else who is going to work for them.

got my phone call yesterday afternoon :smile:, im starting in august though as i have a couple of holidays booked in july
Reply 8
i just had my telephone interview for the graduate scheme and im through to the next stage, the lady who i spoke to said i will receive an email within the next 24hrs.
what happens next?
Reply 9
Original post by bubblerawk
i just had my telephone interview for the graduate scheme and im through to the next stage, the lady who i spoke to said i will receive an email within the next 24hrs.
what happens next?

its a first round interview in a store :smile: Good luck
Reply 10
Original post by star20
its a first round interview in a store :smile: Good luck

Did you have a first round interview in a store? I certainly didn't :confused:
Reply 11
yer i did haha, in coventry lol
Reply 12
ive got mine in Coventry on wednesday. :>
Reply 13
Good Luck!! Have you got Neil?
Reply 14
Hey, i've got my 'store tour exercise' and interview next week. Having passed the telephone interview.
I'm fine with interviews and competency questions etc, but does anyone have any hints as to what the store tour exercise is? :smile:
Reply 15
Hey cool.... good luck.... its just an exercise where you have to walk around the store looking for a few things they do. It's nothing to worry about. where are you doing it? :smile:
Hi,
just read some of the comments on this thread and would be really interested to hear what happened on the store interview. I have mine on Tues and any hints or tips would be great :smile:

Thanks
Reply 17
Hey, probably a bit late, but it just involves walking around the store and looking at what is good and what could be improved. Followed by a discussion afterwards with the manager, all very informal.
Hint: Talk to people! I spoke to a customer, a dept supervisor and the woman on the information desk.
Got through to talent showcase, anyone have an idea what will happen there?
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 18
Are they locating you close to home or when they say might have to relocated do they literally mean this or just have to say this??

Well done for getting the job im at the last stage so heres hoping :smile:
Reply 19
Hi everyone, congratulations on your interviews. I have my phone interview soon, could anyone tell me what to expect? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending