The Student Room Group

Anybody else listen to music while revising?

When taking notes or doing questions i tend to listen to background music to keep me going ^^
although, the music i listen to isnt one that would distract me so much, no lyrics, such as liquid drum and bass ^^ music that is good for the background [:
i was just wondering if anyone else did this to help them get through revision :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

A lot of people listen to music!
I like to listen more to music without words/lyrics, be it classical, or movie soundtracks etc.
I've even heard of people putting on "background noise" so that they don't have to revise in silence, but find actual music too distracting haha! I hate that though.... :s

Spoiler

Reply 2
Anybody else attempt to revise and then get distracted by TSR and facebook? FML :frown:
Reply 3
I find it hard to concentrate if I listen to music with lyrics, but I work pretty well with instrumental music, which I listen to a lot of anyway. It's instrumental/ambient metal, post-rock or classical music usually. I don't need to listen to music, it's just nice to have something going on in the background sometimes.
Reply 4
Original post by supernova92
A lot of people listen to music!
I like to listen more to music without words/lyrics, be it classical, or movie soundtracks etc.
I've even heard of people putting on "background noise" so that they don't have to revise in silence, but find actual music too distracting haha! I hate that though.... :s

Spoiler

haha xD that youtube video D:
and yeah~ music without words does really well for me :biggrin:
I always do... If I'm revising by working that is... I find if I study something (say maths) while listening to a particular album. Whenever that album plays again I'll remember what I was doing while listening to that album...

If I'm revising by reading (which I'm terrible at) then music just makes things so much worse :sadnod:
Reply 6
Original post by laura_802
Anybody else attempt to revise and then get distracted by TSR and facebook? FML :frown:

Yush, often :]
I can't really, I either zone out and don't listen to it at all, or listen to it too much and end up revising the lyrics not Italian neo-realist films, or whatever.
Reply 8
Original post by The Bagel Guy
I always do... If I'm revising by working that is... I find if I study something (say maths) while listening to a particular album. Whenever that album plays again I'll remember what I was doing while listening to that album...

If I'm revising by reading (which I'm terrible at) then music just makes things so much worse :sadnod:

that's odd D:
music makes me focus on reading better; say im reading a book, i always put on music so i can concentrate o.O xD
Original post by Bakasplitz
that's odd D:
music makes me focus on reading better; say im reading a book, i always put on music so i can concentrate o.O xD

Mine depends what I'm reading really.
If It's a module where everything is page upon page of text... no chance...

If It's more equations, pictures and worked examples then music is just what I need :biggrin:
Reply 10
Go for a bit of Ludovic Einaudi while you're revising! Stops you getting stressed out aswell

http://youtu.be/jhuGfmoIv_M
Reply 11
It depends what/how i'm revising. But i usually have music on, though it has to have lyrics. I have to listen to music I don't know very well to stop me singing along :tongue:
Yeah I have to have something going on in the background, I can't concentrate otherwise.

I takes me ages to get to sleep in silence as well. There has to be noise coming from somewhere.

I get distracted by pretty much everything. It usually results in very little revision happening and me leveling up on games :biggrin:
I prefer listening to much more instrumental, relaxing songs when I'm revising. Stuff like Angus & Julia Stone, Matt Hires, Jonsi or just anything with slow acoustic guitar..
Original post by seasons of wither
im using that white noise video to help me concentrate now, even instrumental music distracts me -.-

thanks! :smile:

Haha no way! I just can't stand it.. :tongue:
I listen to slow instrumental music- jazz pianists, classic fm etc. Fast music with a strong pulse distracts me and I end up singing and dancing along...not helpful! If I'm revising A2 music, I listen to the piece that I am studying over and over again until it sticks :tongue:

TSR is even more distracting than Facebook! haha I have deactivated my facebook account until after exams, but thinking about it...I spend more time on TSR :tongue:
Original post by seasons of wither
if i put headphones on it makes me feel like im in a little bubble... :colondollar:

Well at least it works for you :lol:
Yes VV

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending