The Student Room Group

Websites you used to go on when you were younger

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FutureMedicalDoctor

And more shamefully...

barbie.com - I continued to go there until I was 11. In my defence, the games were epic. Case closed.

Create the Barbie magazine cover was excellent.
Miniclip, Candystand and Runescape :smile:
I used to go on comic chat.. but not many people remember it.. I was OBSESSED with it, and was really clueless about safety on the net as I was so young and it wasn't really a big thing, I was one of the only people in my school with a computer let alone the internet.

I spent a lot of time on the ty beanie website lol, and newgrounds.com
This. I did exactly this from the age of 9, I created hundreds of 'money making websites' on freewebs, but never made any money *sniff*

lol. Freewebs was my choice provider too. I made some eBay cash though :award:
Here's a few that I would spend hours on
Piczo ( I was convinced that my website was amazing and that one day I would become a successful web designer)
Gaia Online
Neopets
The really old Harry potter website where you could have either a cat or an Owl and you could dress your character up
Reply 105
Bubblegum Club, MyScene and Millsbury... :colondollar:
Reply 106
pretty much every flash games website, miniclip, teagames, etc etc etc
Yahooligans :biggrin:
Original post by clo-clo1
Create the Barbie magazine cover was excellent.

Aha yupp. I also particularly liked the babysitting game, that was quite fun.
Reply 109
my whole gcse year was spent on dope wars.....i was the ultimate pimp and drug lord.....then i lost my account :frown:
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
lol. Freewebs was my choice provider too. I made some eBay cash though :award:

Nice one :cool:
I was obsessed with neopets. I never really got the hang of restocking so I started this "scam" where I had like 30 accounts and I'd play all the easy games on each of them and collect my free 2000nps on each of them then transfer it all to one account. I got enough to buy a lab map in the end. I used to make guilds with people too but they never got off the ground :frown: God, I was sad!

I used to have one of those piczo websites too and I went on mugglenet sometimes, which just isn't the same now that Harry Potter's finished. I used to hate playing flash games though, I found them really boring. I liked the things like Girland and Neopets where you could collect points and become "rich"!
Neopets!

...my poor green unicorn and pink squirrel thing are probably dead by now :frown:
Paperdollheaven :L
Bit of Neopets, no Bebo bit randomly, Myspace and some of my mid-teens, pretty much until it started to die, on rouseindahouse.com, which some others may have stumbled across.
Reply 115
habbo :>
Reply 116
Bebo, Habbo, Gaia Online

I also playes FFXI online for maybe a year.
I used to go on Girland.com, Neopets, disney.com (for the epic games), mykindaplace, all the doll making websites, Habbo Hotel, Runescape, I also remember the BBC's teen website back then was called bbc.co.uk/so and there used to be a monitored chatroom at the weekend which I would always go on and pretend to be a new person each time :P
Nice one :cool:

You know it! :smug:
Reply 119
http://www.eaborn.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/wiz3/wiz3web.html I used to play this ALL the time. I was addicted to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending