The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
..... whatever i can... with plenty of breaks :smile: seems to work :smile:
Reply 2
as much as i can......with the ps3 breakz =)
I used to revise for hours and then i failed my exams now i think im going to concentrate on decent revision and having a good social life too. :smile:
as much as i can, cramming ftw :colondollar: :ahee:
Reply 5
dont jut study for hours cause that way u wnt learn anythin u hav 2 take each section and break it in2 chunks that way u will be rvising and u will actualy remembr it
cram in as much as I can, even nthough it doesnt all go in, it stops me panicking in the exam if i know i could not have done anymore without dying
Reply 7
I take the week off before the exams and all the days before the exams and constantly read, write notes, practice questions etc. I did that in january and got 3 A's and im dumb, ive never got good grades before.
Reply 8
Original post by christopher
dont jut study for hours cause that way u wnt learn anythin u hav 2 take each section and break it in2 chunks that way u will be rvising and u will actualy remembr it
That is a lovely thought and so true, but that doesnt work for me, my breaks... 10 minutes on this forum, turns into 2 hours and then its 8pm and im tired so i dont revise and just watch tv.
I have to do everything in 1 go, but it gets me A's so its fine.
Reply 9
None, I do BTEC.

I am doing 10 hours a day this week. Depending on how much I cover, next week may be 10hrs a day or 12hrs.

Edit: lol neg rep. Nothing wrong with revising like a king and walking away with the top grades :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Rahul.S
as much as i can......with the ps3 breakz =)

Well you shouldn't be having that problem..
...did i offend someone?
4 hours per day max to be honest. For mathematical type courses, this is all that I find I am capable of doing become I become so tired from thinking. Any further work would have no benefit. Hasn't worked too bad for me so far :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by christopher

Is...this...English?

:s-smilie:
Reply 15
Personally I've been revising 8 hours a day, it's not a lot but I'm only 1st year uni so the exams aren't that important.

I will be revising much more from now on though. I really want the exams to be over.
6-10 hours, may as well work as much as possible rather than regret not doing enough
Reply 17
Right now probabley 2-3 hours, but when I've got exams in 2/3 days I revise literally all day (with several facebook breaks ofcourse!)

I work better under pressure... cram cram cram :biggrin:
Reply 18
Never really counted it up before - I go more by content than time. I'll say that I'm going to do topics x/y/z this day and a/b/c the next or whatever. Generally speaking I do stick to it though sometimes I'll split up larger chapters and do more of the smaller ones in a day.

In the days immediately before an exam, perhaps 6 hours. Otherwise I'd say about 3 would be average, though I don't tend to revise intensively - very frequent breaks to check facebook and other internet stuff as well as chat to people online.
I take long lunch/dinner breaks too (usually an hour or so) and start late in the day (often an hour or two before lunchtime for most people)
Reply 19
1 week to go: 20 mins then procrastination maximization.
1 day to go: 24 hrs then **** my pants.

Latest

Trending

Trending