The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies Unit 2 (BUSS2) - 24th May 2011 - Pre & Post Exam Discussion

I thought I would start a thread for those of us sitting the unit 2 paper in just over a week!

I'm resiting the exam & hoping to get an A (especially as it is worth the biggest % & is easier than BUSS2 & BUSS4).

So let the discussions begin! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i am resiting the first business studies exam and i hope to get a c or above on it and i hope to do the same on the second one aswell.
Reply 2
i am sitting the buss2 exam also. scraped a B on buss 1 in january. any specific topics you think is going to come up on tuesday?
Reply 3
First time i'll be sitting it, hoping to do well. Does anyone have buss2 resources they can put up, woul be very much appreciated.
Reply 4
Original post by Sarzy94
i am sitting the buss2 exam also. scraped a B on buss 1 in january. any specific topics you think is going to come up on tuesday?

http://tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/aqa-as-business-buss2-exam-topic-tracker/

Download the tutor2u topic tracker - it lists the topic that came up before. I'm guessing the blank boxes are the one which might come up - although i wouldn't take any chances & i'd revise it all :smile:
Reply 5
Reply 6
Anyone have a clue what may come up. You were right about the business plans (unit 1) so I put my faith in your wisdom!
Reply 7
Does anyone have the Tutor2U powerpoint presentations, I heard that they are really good for this specificaiton. Appreciate if someone could uplaod them.
I've just done some practise papers for this exam, and from what I've learned you just need to look at every aspect of the case study and find anything in there which could be related to the question you're answering.

Really not looking forward to this one though... seems much harder than BUSS1
Reply 9
this is the structure i use. define the key term, write points for and against, evaluate and choose which option is the best option for the business.

for application marks, some say you should define the term and relate it to the case study. others say application marks come within making the points for and against.

how do you guys structure your long answer questions?
Yeah app marks come from for and against I believe.

I just define, then 2 points for and 1/2 against (depending on time) and then evaluate.
Reply 11
Original post by Ree-Shay
http://tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/aqa-as-business-buss2-exam-topic-tracker/

Download the tutor2u topic tracker - it lists the topic that came up before. I'm guessing the blank boxes are the one which might come up - although i wouldn't take any chances & i'd revise it all :smile:

yes - the topic tracker is designed to show:
(a) specification topics that have not yet been examined
(b) how topics have been examined in real papers (e.g. mark allocations).

the examiner is required to exam the entire specification over the course of a spec's lifetime (typically 5-6 years)

often topics are examined several times (the examiner likes to revisit topics that have been answered poorly in previous papers)

Jim
Reply 12
Original post by Jim Riley
yes - the topic tracker is designed to show:
(a) specification topics that have not yet been examined
(b) how topics have been examined in real papers (e.g. mark allocations).

the examiner is required to exam the entire specification over the course of a spec's lifetime (typically 5-6 years)

often topics are examined several times (the examiner likes to revisit topics that have been answered poorly in previous papers)

Jim

Thanks for the explanation p.s. i :love: your blog. Any last minute tips for the exam?
Reply 13
Would anyone happen to have buss2 notes they can put on here, I have used magicdust's notes for buss1 and found them really useful, im not sure if buss2 notes are on here so it would be much appreciated.
Reply 14
Is this for GCSE or A-Level?
Reply 15
It is A level.
Reply 16
Original post by Ree-Shay
I thought I would start a thread for those of us sitting the unit 2 paper in just over a week!

I'm resiting the exam & hoping to get an A (especially as it is worth the biggest % & is easier than BUSS2 & BUSS4).

So let the discussions begin! :smile:

Randomly just saw your sig and wondering what other a levels you are doing :s-smilie:

Original post by ab786
Is this for GCSE or A-Level?

Original post by Javed.U
It is A level.

a levels
Reply 17
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! :smile:

I am resitting, I got a c last year, due to a lack of exam technique. My structure is fine, and my knowledge is good, I guess I just need to keep a clear head in the exam, which is difficult for me...
Reply 18
Could anybody help me with this exam ? :frown:
I have had 4 teachers in 4 months so know hardly anything..

Some help would really be appriciated :smile:
Reply 19
Hey all, just doing some revision and wondering if anyone has any ideas on what might come up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending