The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by Ishii_WG
Could the fact that I'm not 18, or that I don't live in the UK, have anything to do with it? :/

Same here - it will only let me select one option :frown:
I'm also under 18, so I think it's something to do with that.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 601
Nope. I can take screencaps, but if I clear my basket, the red text at the top says "Basket must contain 1 preferences before you can confirm your application". When I tick five and click Add Selection to Basket, it says "Some preferences were not added as the basket is full." and only adds the first one.

I also couldn't view the 'Under 18's Information' link on the page before this. It takes me to an ICL Web Login page, but my username and password that got me into the accomodations account don't work. I may or may not have said that I read it. Maybe that has something to do with it xD

I suppose I'll shoot the Admissions people an email tomorrow morning.

Some of the peeps on the ICL Freshers facebook group are having that problem, as well. They're guessing it could be due to being international/<18, but I don't know. (I kinda doubt it.)
Reply 602
Original post by oliz
Same here - it will only let me select one option :frown:
I'm also under 18, so I think it's something to do with that.

I'm not alone!

Could you open that Under 18's Information link? If so, what did it say?
Reply 603
I'm not alone!

Could you open that Under 18's Information link? If so, what did it say?

Tried opening it as well, and I got the same result as you. It was this login page and I couldn't sign in with my username and password. :confused:
hey guys,
how long ago did you get your accomodation email...haven't got mine yet? :/
Reply 605
Even me... Only 1 choice available. I'm also <18 and international.
Reply 606
Original post by James_M1992
hey guys,
how long ago did you get your accomodation email...haven't got mine yet? :/

Most of the Unconditional peeps have theirs - they were the first to get them - and the conditional offer-holders are slowly getting emails in batches (started around yesterday for the conditionals.) I wouldn't sweat it too badly; though perhaps phone in or email by the end of next week if nothing comes through.
Reply 607
Original post by arianex
Most of the Unconditional peeps have theirs - they were the first to get them - and the conditional offer-holders are slowly getting emails in batches (started around yesterday for the conditionals.) I wouldn't sweat it too badly; though perhaps phone in or email by the end of next week if nothing comes through.

^what she said. I got mine yesterday, and I'm a conditional offer holder.
conditional and i havent received it yet
Reply 609
Original post by nick_the_big
conditional and i havent received it yet

Not all of the conditional offer holders have heard yet. Don't panic. The emails seem to be going out in batches.
Original post by Zottula
Not all of the conditional offer holders have heard yet. Don't panic. The emails seem to be going out in batches.

i dont panic . its just a forum and i posted my thought and feedback
Reply 611
Sorry if this has been asked before, what are the tips for increasing your chances of getting a single room?
Reply 612
Original post by synergy1
Sorry if this has been asked before, what are the tips for increasing your chances of getting a single room?

Put 'Room Type' as your preference (as opposed to 'Price band').
Reply 613

Oh ok then. Good stuff.

Refreshing change from the rest of the hysterical people on here. :smile:
Reply 615
^ My thoughts exactly.
Original post by synergy1

I'm applying to the less popular halls to increase my chances. I'm guessing a tonne of people will apply to a) Cheap Halls, b) Halls close to the college, leaving the ones located a bit further out, in the medium price range of 130-170ppw, a little emptier.
Original post by freefrag
I'm applying to the less popular halls to increase my chances. I'm guessing a tonne of people will apply to a) Cheap Halls, b) Halls close to the college, leaving the ones located a bit further out, in the medium price range of 130-170ppw, a little emptier.

You should use your computing expertise to create an algorithm based on the criteria you have and the restrictions you've pointed out.
Brap.
Reply 618

Good on you. You should've seen the barrage of "HOMG [IT'S 0000 HOURS ON MAY THE FIRST AND] I HAS NO APPLICATION EMAIL YOU GUISE"-ish posts we've been getting here...

...which is why "don't panic" is a reflex for any post we see resembling that nowadays.

(Of course, not knowing your tone of voice over the net does make it harder for us all to tell whether you're just stating a fact or "panicking".)

PS// On that note, got mine today! :biggrin: Nice "welcome back" present after TWO HOURS of isolation before my D1 paper, just because my school couldn't be bothered to administer S1 and D1 at the same time. ><
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 619
For those of you sharing my problem - I e-mailed the Accomodation folks this morning, they responded late this afternoon to try again, and it all works fine now :smile: I suggest you do the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending