The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4(6BIO4) 13/06/11 - OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by M Kh
where do u live??

u r from ?
Reply 61
I stay in kuwait....and u?
Reply 62
Original post by M Kh
where do u live??

sri lanka

but we'll talf in UK time shall we?

so is it tomorrow?
Reply 63
so both of u dush_2 and medtobe want to join ryt? who else? ok we will consider UK time but i know that sri lanka's local time is about 2.5 hours ahead of us so if I ask u to come online at 02:30 am sri lanka time that means it will be about 12:00 am here....so this way it is easier...lets consider it in this way....and yes lets get online tonight so that we can discuss all night because u guys must be having other exams too....is it ok for u guyz? if not, then what time would u prefer?
Reply 64
Original post by M Kh
so both of u dush_2 and medtobe want to join ryt? who else? ok we will consider UK time but i know that sri lanka's local time is about 2.5 hours ahead of us so if I ask u to come online at 02:30 am sri lanka time that means it will be about 12:00 am here....so this way it is easier...lets consider it in this way....and yes lets get online tonight so that we can discuss all night because u guys must be having other exams too....is it ok for u guyz? if not, then what time would u prefer?

ok today at about 11.00 PM in SL time !!!
Reply 65
sure....anybody els to join?
Reply 66
Original post by dush_2
ok today at about 11.00 PM in SL time !!!

Original post by M Kh
sure....anybody els to join?

ok today at 11.oo pm sri lankan time :smile:

that is in another 9.5 hrs k?
its 1.30 p.m atm
Reply 67
ohh ys sure.....so anybody else with medtobe and dush_2??
Reply 68
Hi guys, i might be online, I am in the UK.
Reply 69
Original post by JP83
Hi guys, i might be online, I am in the UK.

you are doing 6b?

so we'll be discussing the practicals in half an hour.
Reply 70
yeah i'm doing the 6B paper but i'll be doing it in Spain :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by JP83
yeah i'm doing the 6B paper but i'll be doing it in Spain :smile:

np

so in half an hour get all the practicals and paper ready

:smile:
cheers
What's unit 6B? :s-smilie:
Reply 73
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?

its the A2 alternative to practical paper.
Original post by medtobe

Original post by medtobe
its the A2 alternative to practical paper.

I wish i could have done that, the A2 coursework was a nightmare!!!! By the way is paper 4 a synoptic Unit like paper 5?
Original post by Schoolio93
I wish i could have done that, the A2 coursework was a nightmare!!!! By the way is paper 4 a synoptic Unit like paper 5?

The A2 coursework was so annoying!

Yeah unit 4 is synoptic as well. -.-
Reply 76
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?

but we dnt get asked alot of AS in unit 4 AND 5 right?
Original post by medtobe

Original post by medtobe
but we dnt get asked alot of AS in unit 4 AND 5 right?

not many questions maybe 1 or 2. Because I done Unit 5 in January and got an A without revising Unit 1,2 or even studying Unit 4. My teachers made us do Unit 5 because they thought that it is very tough seeing that there's an article and they were scared that people might fail the unit in june, so they decided to do it in jan so that everyone has two chances to get the requried grade for uni.

In one of the past papers in Unit 4 it asked me about the chemical structure of cellulose, and this is unit 1. I left the question blank because I had no idea what the answer was!
Reply 78
Could anyone tell me the definition of a photosystem, and its structure please?

The books I have contradict each other and I'm quite confused.

One book says that the photosynthetic pigments are attached to proteins and it is the pigment and protein that form the photosystem, where as another book says that photosystems are made up of different combinations of chlorophyll pigments.

Reply 79
not many questions maybe 1 or 2. Because I done Unit 5 in January and got an A without revising Unit 1,2 or even studying Unit 4. My teachers made us do Unit 5 because they thought that it is very tough seeing that there's an article and they were scared that people might fail the unit in june, so they decided to do it in jan so that everyone has two chances to get the requried grade for uni.

In one of the past papers in Unit 4 it asked me about the chemical structure of cellulose, and this is unit 1. I left the question blank because I had no idea what the answer was!

you got an offer from cam for medicine so you must be genius anyhw. :smile:

what was unit 5 ums and AS Bio ums?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending