The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by BlueRingedOctopus
Hey :smile: I also got this application tracking email, with a CID, but it didn't seem to be clearly about accommodaton... is there another email I'm meant to be waiting for from Imperial?

Yeah they send a different email for accommodation. The email is very obvious as it's titled "Accommodation Application for Imperial" or something like that.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 681
Original post by Han4492
I have my CID so could you send me the link. Username as in UCAS? Thanks

No, it's a different username than the one in UCAS (it'll be on the "tracking" email from Imperial.)
Reply 682
Original post by arianex
No, it's a different username than the one in UCAS (it'll be on the "tracking" email from Imperial.)

I have just got the email with my username so now have a password. Could you send me the link to the application form please?

Thanks!
Original post by arianex
I don't know how that came about! xD I quoted you both to make 2 different responses...didn't check as I logged off right after.

Anywho, Viral - WRT your question, no, that's not the email. :tongue: But that'll have all the info (username + CID) you need to log into the application anyway...all you need is to activate the account and set up a password, then you can use it to apply for accommodation.
If you want, I can give you the link to the application form :smile:

Can you send me the link to the application form too? I have the CID and the log in details already.

Thanks!
Reply 684
Original post by dwarfwarri
Can you send me the link to the application form too? I have the CID and the log in details already.

Thanks!

Alright, let me make it clear now (for anyone else who also asks for the link after this):

If I send you the link, it's not so you can go "ME FIRST---!", because accommodation allocations aren't first-come-first-served.

I repeat, it is NOT first-come-first-served.

They do ALL the allocations in late August after all the A-level results, with your accomm. reply deadline being July 29 - so you have no need to rush.

So why am I doing this? I'm only offering to send links so that people can have a good look at what the form is like and familiarize themselves with it, NOT SO THAT THEY CAN "SKIP THE QUEUE". For this reason, I suggest that you guys DO NOT HIT "CONFIRM" ON THE FULL APPLICATION UNTIL IMPERIAL ACTUALLY SENDS YOU THE ACCOMMODATION APPLICATION EMAIL.

Any other Qs, holler.

-steps off soapbox-
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 685
If you apply to triples and twins but would prefer a triple, would putting 'room type' as the more important factor mean the admissions team think you'd prefer to have a twin (seeing as people prefer to share with less if no one at all)?
10 points if you understand my question!
Original post by Han4492
If you apply to triples and twins but would prefer a triple, would putting 'room type' as the more important factor mean the admissions team think you'd prefer to have a twin (seeing as people prefer to share with less if no one at all)?

Not necesarily, but I think they'd avoid putting you in a single!

If I'm trying to avoid sharing, would putting "playing flute loudly and out of tune" as a hobby help my case for a single room? :tongue:
Original post by arianex
Alright, let me make it clear now (for anyone else who also asks for the link after this):

Any other Qs, holler.

-steps off soapbox-

I applied for accom, and they haven't sent me anythign regaridng accom yet, and it went trhough perfectly. What do you think they'll do..take away my offer just because I applied early? :rolleyes:
Reply 688
Original post by Han4492

I don't know what they'd think to be honest. I put price down as my preference. Maybe that will make it more likely that I'll get a triple because they are cheaper?
Original post by bluesky42
Not necesarily, but I think they'd avoid putting you in a single!

If I'm trying to avoid sharing, would putting "playing flute loudly and out of tune" as a hobby help my case for a single room? :tongue:

It's worth a shot lol. It's better than my idea to pretend that I'm a Muslim who needs "silence during daily prayers".

In the end I put "snoring and frequent sleeptalking" under my special notes.
Reply 690
Original post by innerhollow

In the end I put "snoring and frequent sleeptalking" under my special notes.

My friend claims he put "Active sex life" under the special notes section. I doubt the accommodation people will be too impressed by that.
Reply 691
Original post by Zottula
My friend claims he put "Active sex life" under the special notes section. I doubt the accommodation people will be too impressed by that.

LOL really?

It seems, I might have been a little too honest with my application then :tongue:
Reply 692
Original post by Heroesorghosts
Yayy finally got my accommodation email! Does anyone know what a "double room" is? I presume this is different from a twin, perhaps a double bed, but no options come up when I click on it? Also I'm under 18, and I know that we have to agree to the T&Cs etc, but do you think they'd notice if I put single + twin rooms for Eastside and Southside (as I really want to live there) and perhaps a Beit single as my last option? Thanks :biggrin:

Edit: Just realised when I search for twin rooms, nothing comes up. :frown: There goes my plan!

If I get a twin and you get a single, we should just swap :biggrin:
Reply 693
Original post by Dark-Myth
LOL really?

It seems, I might have been a little too honest with my application then :tongue:

Yeah, it's the kind of thing I'd expect from him.

He doesn't actually though, he's just hoping that will be the case at uni. Fat chance, I hear girls are in short supply there.
Reply 694
Do you reckon they'd let me put a piano in my room? (electric, not like a grand or anything :P)
Reply 695
Has it bugged anyone else that accommodation is spelt wrong in the title?
Reply 696
Original post by wrench22
Has it bugged anyone else that accommodation is spelt wrong in the title?

I did notice but it doesn't really bother me. Easy typo to make.
Reply 697
Original post by jns93
Do you reckon they'd let me put a piano in my room? (electric, not like a grand or anything :P)

That's an interesting one. You might not be able to fit an electric piano in some of the rooms. You should contact the accommodation team about whether it would be allowed or not.
Reply 698
Original post by jns93

If you have the space and don't disturb others when you practice it...who knows, maybe. :smile:
Reply 699
Original post by Heroesorghosts
Haha nooo I want a single! I was just wondering if I could put twins down, as they would automatically be invalid seeing as I'm under 18 :P

Oh, I didn't see your posts before that one. You are one smart cookie, haha :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending