The Student Room Group

Bought this hair dye, will it suit me: PICS

My natural colouring:
The colour of the dye is Clairol's Nice 'n Easy #75 "Light Ash Brown"

Thanks

After Googling, it says that ash coloured hair dyes can turn hair green? Why is that and will it happen to me? :s-smilie:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How can we tell what will suit you without seeing your face?!
Reply 2
Yeah it will :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by *Rouge*
How can we tell what will suit you without seeing your face?!

Because you don't really need to see my facial featurees do you? Just the colours?
Reply 4
Original post by LeaX
Because you don't really need to see my facial featurees do you? Just the colours?

Of course we do to know what will suit you - posting your original hair colour tells us nothing about what will SUIT YOU!
Reply 5
Original post by hdin1
Yeah it will :smile:

Also, I searched on Google and some people say that ash coloured hair dyes turn some hair green. Any idea why and whether it'll happen to me? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Tits or gtfo...

what? hair dye, oh sorry... i think it would be too dark and look unnatural.
Reply 7
Original post by LeaX
Also, I searched on Google and some people say that ash coloured hair dyes turn some hair green. Any idea why and whether it'll happen to me? :s-smilie:

Not sure to be honest, I've never dyed my hair lol :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by Mangaka
Tits or gtfo...

what? hair dye, oh sorry... i think it would be too dark and look unnatural.

LMAO
Okay
Reply 9
Need uncensored pic.
Reply 10
In each picture, your hair was a different colour?
Reply 11
Original post by chou246
In each picture, your hair was a different colour?

Haha, I know. It's really annoying, it looks completely different depending on the lighting.

I think the second pic is the most acurate, though.
Reply 12
Original post by LeaX
Haha, I know. It's really annoying, it looks completely different depending on the lighting.

I think the second pic is the most acurate, though.

I don't think it'd suit you. Sorry.

Your hair colour looks nice as it is? Don't listen to me though; i know nothing about hair.
Reply 13
Original post by chou246
I don't think it'd suit you. Sorry.

Your hair colour looks nice as it is? Don't listen to me though; i know nothing about hair.

Ah okay, why do you think it wouldn't suit me?
It's supposed to come out slightly lighter than the picture on the box 'cos I have lighter hair to begin with.
Reply 14
Original post by LeaX
Ah okay, why do you think it wouldn't suit me?
It's supposed to come out slightly lighter than the picture on the box 'cos I have lighter hair to begin with.

I have literally no clue :redface: I'm male, so don't have to understand these things.

I'd say try it if you want; be reet..
Reply 15
Original post by LeaX

Not sure I agree with that. Either way, both pictures are small and it'd really help to see your face. Suitable hair colour often depends on things like eye colour and I can barely see your eyes in the first picture!

I'm going to guess that you have light blue eyes(?) and well, dark hair and blue eyes works well for Zooey Deschanel, so it might work. You've obviously bought this colour for a reason, so if you like it, put it on!
Reply 16
Original post by Carrby
Not sure I agree with that. Either way, both pictures are small and it'd really help to see your face. Suitable hair colour often depends on things like eye colour and I can barely see your eyes in the first picture!

I'm going to guess that you have light blue eyes(?) and well, dark hair and blue eyes works well for Zooey Deschanel, so it might work. You've obviously bought this colour for a reason, so if you like it, put it on!

Yeah I have light blue eyes and pale skin. I also have dark eyebrows so I think that my light hair doesn't really suit them so I think dying my hair dark will match them better and it'll contrast against my skin tone.
Reply 17
Original post by LeaX
Yeah I have light blue eyes and pale skin. I also have dark eyebrows so I think that my light hair doesn't really suit them so I think dying my hair dark will match them better and it'll contrast against my skin tone.

I've always been a fan of pale skin with brunette hair, so in my opinion it sounds like it'll work a treat. Good luck!
Reply 18
Original post by LeaX

Which raises the question of why you didn't simply type 'caucasian brunette' into Google and form your judgement accordingly.
Nice N Easy is good because they sell natural shades that will pretty much suit everybody!
So yeah, I think it'll suit you :smile:

Prepare for it to fade reasonably quickly though! :wink: So I'd recommend using some sort of special shampoo for coloured hair.

Quick Reply

Latest