The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crazylemon
Yes I know what you mean gratz on the scholarship! (I was a scholarship boy but only a mere 10%). I am good friends with one of the richies. I wanted to slap him when he said he only had £200 to last him the week. I mean, seriously :colonhash:

£200 a week, that's like 200 thin or thick crust pizzas from Tesco LOL
If you eat 5 a day you will last for around 40 days ^^

(PS they are actually really good)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 781
Original post by kaosu_souzousha

I'll testify to that, my mates almost always have a constantly-replenished stash of them in our fridge/freezer...

PS// I don't actually eat a lot of supermarket pizza. I'm a masochist who cooks, and washes up after...YAY EFFORT :tongue:

And you can get to die of scurvy too :biggrin:

Original post by arianex
I'll testify to that, my mates almost always have a constantly-replenished stash of them in our fridge/freezer...

PS// I don't actually eat a lot of supermarket pizza. I'm a masochist who cooks, and washes up after...YAY EFFORT :tongue:

I approve. I like cooking I have done sunday roasts for the past 2 weeks (normally my flatmate does them but he has exams I was intrusted with the illustrious role :biggrin:)
So I'm sure this has been asked before, but whatever:

If you apply earlier, do you get priority?

I'm thinking not, because it's all done by a computer in September anyway... so as long as you do it by the 29th of July, your chances of getting what you want are the same?
Reply 784
Original post by bluesky42
So I'm sure this has been asked before, but whatever:

If you apply earlier, do you get priority?

I'm thinking not, because it's all done by a computer in September anyway... so as long as you do it by the 29th of July, your chances of getting what you want are the same?

Correct. There is no priority. Apart from maybe if you're unconditional.
Original post by Dark-Myth
Correct. There is no priority. Apart from maybe if you're unconditional.

Woohoo!!! Best news I've heard all day :biggrin:
Reply 786
anyone know the differences between ensuits and standard rooms?
Reply 787

I approve. I like cooking I have done sunday roasts for the past 2 weeks (normally my flatmate does them but he has exams I was intrusted with the illustrious role :biggrin:)

Mm, Sunday roasts :biggrin: How dedicated. My Caucasian friends seem to find it funny - and ironic - that I'm the only one among them who can cook a full roast, and I'm not even Brit (I'm Malaysian...) :tongue: How many do you cook for at a time when you do a roast?

Woohoo!!! Best news I've heard all day :biggrin:

Pretty much, since it would be a bit awkward to prioritize some dude who doesn't make their offer come Sept (even though they handed their app back in milliseconds after their accommodation app email), non? :tongue:

You're not the first one to have put this Q forward, though. xD How did your IB papers go?
Original post by arianex
Pretty much, since it would be a bit awkward to prioritize some dude who doesn't make their offer come Sept (even though they handed their app back in milliseconds after their accommodation app email), non? :tongue:

You're not the first one to have put this Q forward, though. xD How did your IB papers go?

Haha fair point. IB papers were a massive failure, hence my hesitation to apply before results come out!!! Do you do IB too?
Reply 789
Haha fair point. IB papers were a massive failure, hence my hesitation to apply before results come out!!! Do you do IB too?

Nope, but I know a good few Imperial pre-frosh from the Facebook group who've been buzzing since their papers ended xD (And gloating at the fact I've still got to wait for *my* crunch time. :biggrin:)
It's A2s for me - 15th-24th June, woot! :tongue:
Original post by arianex

I cook as well ^^, but always have 3 pizzas in the fridge as well.
Original post by arianex
Nope, but I know a good few Imperial pre-frosh from the Facebook group who've been buzzing since their papers ended xD (And gloating at the fact I've still got to wait for *my* crunch time. :biggrin:)
It's A2s for me - 15th-24th June, woot! :tongue:

Guilty! :colondollar:

Wow, I just went on that facebook group.... it's so weird there are real people on there.... :eek:
And you can get to die of scurvy too :biggrin:

lol

As expected from a med. student..... throwing some creepy disease to discourage eating pizza :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 793

Wow, I just went on that facebook group.... it's so weird there are real people on there.... :eek:

Tell me about it! XD I joke, I was already Facebook friends with some of the TSR peeps before the group was set up, so it's not that weird for moi. Do join and say hi, we're a bunch of great peeps! ^^ (Maybe not myself, that's just bigheaded - but I can testify about the others :wink:)

lol

As expected from a med. student..... throwing some creepy disease to discourage eating pizza :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Not just them - Food Tech-ers like moi as well :tongue:
Reply 794
Original post by pigpigpig
anyone know the differences between ensuits and standard rooms?

Erm....ensuite rooms have an ensuite and standard rooms don't.

With standard rooms you will share bathroom + toilet facilities with several other people.
Reply 795

I know... We don't have the luxury of the veil of anonymity protecting us on the facebook group!
Original post by arianex
Tell me about it! XD I joke, I was already Facebook friends with some of the TSR peeps before the group was set up, so it's not that weird for moi. Do join and say hi, we're a bunch of great peeps! ^^ (Maybe not myself, that's just bigheaded - but I can testify about the others :wink:)

Not just them - Food Tech-ers like moi as well :tongue:

Anti- Pizza propaganda will not stop us from eating it !!!!
Original post by arianex
Mm, Sunday roasts :biggrin: How dedicated. My Caucasian friends seem to find it funny - and ironic - that I'm the only one among them who can cook a full roast, and I'm not even Brit (I'm Malaysian...) :tongue: How many do you cook for at a time when you do a roast?

Only 3/4

lol

Pizza is good just not everyday!
Reply 798
Original post by Zottula
Erm....ensuite rooms have an ensuite and standard rooms don't.

With standard rooms you will share bathroom + toilet facilities with several other people.

I didn't reply to this Q because I was wondering if he/she/it (well, the username DOES have 3 little piggies) was for real. o.o I mean, it's in the name, and also on the website...

Original post by NilDe
I know... We don't have the luxury of the veil of anonymity protecting us on the facebook group!

Surprisingly, there *are* some peeps there who maintain their citizenships from Douchebagistan - whether they have that "luxury" of anonymity (that they had on TSR) or not.

Anti- Pizza propaganda will not stop us from eating it !!!!

Pizza is good just not everyday!

Chuckle. :tongue: I'm actually with crazylemon on this one, waaaay too many horror stories about the Freshman 15... xD
Reply 799
Original post by arianex
I didn't reply to this Q because I was wondering if he/she/it (well, the username DOES have 3 little piggies) was for real. o.o I mean, it's in the name, and also on the website...

I just like answering questions :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending