The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Which good Exeter hairdresser?

Could anyone recommend me one? For a guy who doesn't want to pay through the teeth, nor wants anything fancy done.

I know the whole "but you're a student - they don't get haircuts" routine, but it's currently too much bother of a morning.

thanks in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How about recommending one for a girl too? :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
the one near the station is good - its called true colours. i think its boys and girls or maybe just girls, not really sure...
Reply 3
I heard that Teamworks in Iron Bridge street is good for students. I'm gonna go there.
Reply 4
If it's money saving you're after, go to the Bishop Blackall branch of Exeter College on Pennsylvania Road. It's a training college but I've been there before and they're really very good.
Reply 5
I always go to the barber shop opposite the Ship (it's called the "technological barber shop" or something similar) which has internet access and games consoles to play while you wait, and charges about £5 for a regular trim.
Reply 6
LesParke
I always go to the barber shop opposite the Ship (it's called the "technological barber shop" or something similar) which has internet access and games consoles to play while you wait, and charges about £5 for a regular trim.

Thanks for posting, that sounds pretty good.

I'll remember that for next time, and I'll just add that I went to a place called A Cut Above and I wouldn't really recommend it - unless you like tidying up your own hair with scissors in the mirror back in your hall...
I go to Jeff Goodwin just off Queen Street and get a haircut from a trainee for £10 (every monday) - a bit more expensive than the college but then you are more likely to get a good cut since the salon owner is supervising.
go to Crew 2 or cutting crew.

Crew 2 is on queen street and my really amazing friend works there :-)
Reply 9
wicked wax, south street
if we are talking really good, then most of the suggestions so far are not in that benchmark. wicked wax is 'ok' but so are the rest. im suprised at the lack of good hair dressers. taunton, newton abbot and bristol have excellent stylists. plymouth has a few good too, but exeter? be careful. if you are male pay above £20, nearer £30
Reply 11
You've gotta try Verve in Lower North Street - down below the Iron Bridge. They are brilliant. Do guys as well as girls and now have a nail bar and beauty salon. Deffo recommend.:yes:
Hi Mate,

I recently stumbled across a pretty sound place called The Loft on exbridges above another salon called Nutters Its pretty cool they have an xbox and free beers etc. its not that expensive at all and they have a rep for being the best. Check it out i think they are on facebook... if you want to book an appointment the number is 01392 257400 The guys in there are really good at what they do, I highly recommend them.
i forgot to mention they are a professional gents barbers only.
Just read the comments above, all you guys should check this place out it is so different from anything i have ever tried, they even do a hangover cure with mentholated towels and steam it sorts ya head right out! They also stock american crew products which are hard to find in exeter. Danny does my hair every month now and its always a great experience! i really feel I should share this place with as many lads as possible as its literally in another leaugue to everything else i have ever tried. there are a few reviews on the net about them and a few pictures.
Reply 15
Original post by davidchambers
Hi Mate,

I recently stumbled across a pretty sound place called The Loft on exbridges above another salon called Nutters Its pretty cool they have an xbox and free beers etc. its not that expensive at all and they have a rep for being the best. Check it out i think they are on facebook... if you want to book an appointment the number is 01392 257400 The guys in there are really good at what they do, I highly recommend them.

i forgot to mention they are a professional gents barbers only.

Just read the comments above, all you guys should check this place out it is so different from anything i have ever tried, they even do a hangover cure with mentholated towels and steam it sorts ya head right out! They also stock american crew products which are hard to find in exeter. Danny does my hair every month now and its always a great experience! i really feel I should share this place with as many lads as possible as its literally in another leaugue to everything else i have ever tried. there are a few reviews on the net about them and a few pictures.

this is some crafty advertisement david chambers :unimpressed:
Reply 16
'the barber shop' in guidhall, 11 quid for a cut not too bad
Reply 17
Or, if you live near St Lukes, Headquarters Exeter at 37 Magdalen Road (literally down the road from College Road, then a right turn) does pretty good haircuts, too. £11-ish for gents, after 10% discount for students. Been there twice, been pleased so far.
Reply 18
Original post by felixtang
'the barber shop' in guidhall, 11 quid for a cut not too bad

Original post by ronfiles
Or, if you live near St Lukes, Headquarters Exeter at 37 Magdalen Road (literally down the road from College Road, then a right turn) does pretty good haircuts, too. £11-ish for gents, after 10% discount for students. Been there twice, been pleased so far.

what if we already have had haircuts...THEN WHAT !!!! OMG !!! WHAT DO WE DO !!!! ARRRRRRRRRR :crazy:
Reply 19
Hey Guys,

RADIANCE MediSpa had a good salon there and the girls were lovely.

David

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending