The Student Room Group

How do I get over my nerves about going to a new hairdressers

So I haven't had my hair professionally cut in I'd say over 5 years. I really want to get it cut (I'm thinking of a completely new style) but the hairdressers I used to use ended up closing so now I'm having to find a new one. Thing is I'm so nervous about going somewhere new.

Im also worried that the cut I want (I'm wanting to go pretty short) will not suit me as I've pretty much always had long hair all my life and ive always just put it in a ponytail or in a bun for work.

I've also lost alot of weight over the past 3 years which is why I want to change my hair and I have an oval face shape which I've read usually suits most hair cuts
Reply 1
Original post by Sarah90s
So I haven't had my hair professionally cut in I'd say over 5 years. I really want to get it cut (I'm thinking of a completely new style) but the hairdressers I used to use ended up closing so now I'm having to find a new one. Thing is I'm so nervous about going somewhere new.

Im also worried that the cut I want (I'm wanting to go pretty short) will not suit me as I've pretty much always had long hair all my life and ive always just put it in a ponytail or in a bun for work.

I've also lost alot of weight over the past 3 years which is why I want to change my hair and I have an oval face shape which I've read usually suits most hair cuts

Just some thoughts.
Given you haven't had your hair cut in a while, it might be worth splashing out and going to a high end hair dresser / stylist. Talk to potential stylists before you commit and tell them that you are really nervous. Trust the ones who put you at ease and make you feel comfortable and avoid those who make you feel small and insignificant.

But whatever happens - it will grow back! This could be a great experience. Go with your gut, but be prepared to pay for good service, knowing that cheaper hairdressers will be able to follow the style set out by someone who really knows what they are doing.

Good luck and enjoy it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending