The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4(6BIO4) 13/06/11 - OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Definitely no question three (well not that one) I was sure to check I answered everything.
Reply 501
i ran out of time :frown: so some of the last answers i wrote were very rushed :\ i didnt have a clue with that seaweed question, went back to it at the end and guessed and then attempted to explain my guesses :L

i thought the paper was ok, too many long questions though for the time given, i LOVED the question on sucession cause i had just revised that before the exam :biggrin:

that question about how antibiotics are used to treat influenza confused me though :confused: we were taught that antibiotics cant treat viuses soooo.....

pfffft stupid edexcel, they need to sort their exams out...
Original post by loulou111
i ran out of time :frown: so some of the last answers i wrote were very rushed :\ i didnt have a clue with that seaweed question, went back to it at the end and guessed and then attempted to explain my guesses :L

i thought the paper was ok, too many long questions though for the time given, i LOVED the question on sucession cause i had just revised that before the exam :biggrin:

that question about how antibiotics are used to treat influenza confused me though :confused: we were taught that antibiotics cant treat viuses soooo.....

pfffft stupid edexcel, they need to sort their exams out...

Antibiotics Prescribed for secondary bacterial Infections (opportunist pathogens) resulting after viral infections :smile:
Reply 503
Original post by farhangreatster
Antibiotics Prescribed for secondary bacterial Infections (opportunist pathogens) resulting after viral infections :smile:

aaaah i got that one wrong then :frown: it seems so obvious now someone else has said it : \
On a edexcel past paper Mark scheme, I can't remember what the question was, but you were allowed to answer 'some viruses are killed by bacteria'...
Reply 505
ran out of time too but just about finished. Q7 and Q8 such a blur to try and get paper finished. Seeweed question confusing but so rushed I can't really remember it much. Plant mass question (q 2 or 3) the data didn't make much sense to me. 5 marks for that rigor mortis question that even now I can't find the answer for in any of my 3 text books. 6 marks on why scientists might disagree with fossil fuels causing global warming... again about 1 sentence on it in text book so totally made up a load of rubbish to write enough for 6 marks. Had no problems with any of the past papers but this one had me confused for the whole paper and no chance to use any of the knowledge I learnt. Such a rubbish paper!
Reply 506
Original post by Pwiii
I don't remember a measure the species diversity question... how many marks and where was it on the paper?? :s-smilie:

me too.

never saw one!!
Original post by JP83
ran out of time too but just about finished. Q7 and Q8 such a blur to try and get paper finished. Seeweed question confusing but so rushed I can't really remember it much. Plant mass question (q 2 or 3) the data didn't make much sense to me. 5 marks for that rigor mortis question that even now I can't find the answer for in any of my 3 text books. 6 marks on why scientists might disagree with fossil fuels causing global warming... again about 1 sentence on it in text book so totally made up a load of rubbish to write enough for 6 marks. Had no problems with any of the past papers but this one had me confused for the whole paper and no chance to use any of the knowledge I learnt. Such a rubbish paper!

This.
Reply 508
the first one right?

the one with larger temp ranger, it performs well at all temps.

as lattitude chane temp changes.

what did you put?
Reply 509
definetely NOT question 3! overall a confusing paper.
Reply 510
yeah I too dnt rember seeing Q3.
Original post by medtobe
the first one right?

the one with larger temp ranger, it performs well at all temps.

as lattitude chane temp changes.

what did you put?

I put that too. But the two smartest people put the bottom one, coz temp was less of a limiting factor for it. My mum agrees with them too :s-smilie:

But I don't get why that matters. Coz the other was like 5 times more biomass.

Don't remember anything to do with transects either.
Reply 512
there was not one about a line transect!! i am sure i did all the questions!!
Reply 513
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
I put that too. But the two smartest people put the bottom one, coz temp was less of a limiting factor for it. My mum agrees with them too :s-smilie:

But I don't get why that matters. Coz the other was like 5 times more biomass.

Don't remember anything to do with transects either.

yeah true.

so whats the limiting factor?

the amino acid ape Q

wht did you write fr tht?

and fr succision they first asked to describe succession and the what what a stable climax community is.

in total abt 10 mrks. ?

sry not clear!! really messed up.
A in bio to meet my medicine offer
what was your ums for AS bio overall.
(edited 12 years ago)
i had my exam transferred to midnight. this was crazy.
i saw the questions and i was like where did this came from? i was not expecting the paper to be so awful.
Reply 515
Original post by daughterofaprince
i had my exam transferred to midnight. this was crazy.
i saw the questions and i was like where did this came from? i was not expecting the paper to be so awful.

transffered to midnight??
y?
Original post by medtobe
yeah true.

so whats the limiting factor?

the amino acid ape Q

wht did you write fr tht?

and fr succision they first asked to describe succession and the what what a stable climax community is.

in total abt 10 mrks. ?

sry not clear!! really messed up.
A in bio to meet my medicine offer
what was your ums for AS bio overall.

we don't know exactly what the limiting factor was coz the ques didn't say. but if they are right that's 4 marks gone straight away.

i just went on most similar to chimpanzees, coz first 20 amino acids are same. then diverged from it after we diverged from orang utans and gorillas was it?
how we might all have a common ancestor as there are only small differences in amino acid sequence. least related to gorillas as 2 amino acids/20 was different.

Yeah succession one was easy compared to others.

For why is climax community is stable, i put the species present are best adapted to the abiotic conditions and hence can out-compete other species so more likely to survive and reproduce. Went on about other stuff can't fully remember but along those lines.

I need A in bio too to meet my med offer as well.

I have 280/300 at AS. You?
Reply 517
Me too, there was no transact/diversity question on my paper :s-smilie:
Reply 518
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
we don't know exactly what the limiting factor was coz the ques didn't say. but if they are right that's 4 marks gone straight away.

i just went on most similar to chimpanzees, coz first 20 amino acids are same. then diverged from it after we diverged from orang utans and gorillas was it?
how we might all have a common ancestor as there are only small differences in amino acid sequence. least related to gorillas as 2 amino acids/20 was different.

Yeah succession one was easy compared to others.

For why is climax community is stable, i put the species present are best adapted to the abiotic conditions and hence can out-compete other species so more likely to survive and reproduce. Went on about other stuff can't fully remember but along those lines.

I need A in bio too to meet my med offer as well.

I have 280/300 at AS. You?

gt 277 messed up unit 3 getting 42 and lossing my marks there :frown:

If I miss the offer :angry:
gt chem 4 tomorrow.

what other Qs did you find hard?
Reply 519
Original post by andioula
there was not one about a line transect!! i am sure i did all the questions!!

Original post by smiffy_83
Me too, there was no transact/diversity question on my paper :s-smilie:

how was the paper?
which Qs did you all find hard?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending