The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Hopefully someone will have stolen a paper to scan up fairly soon :smile:
Original post by Rickesh
What do people think the grade boundaries will be like??

i think they will be slightly lower than jan
im thinking 60 for an A
52 b etc
lets hope they are low the paper was hard as ****
Time to go merx my language exams in order to compensate for the horrific grade i'm gonna get in this D: ARGH. OCR, YOU SUCK :frown:

Ahahaha this made me laugh :')

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=105640892862972&set=pu.105631386197256&type=1&theater
Anyone else know they've missed their university offers because of this exam! I needed a B definitely failed it, I'm so distraught right now :frown: :frown: can't believe I'm not getting into uni because of it :frown:

DON'T WANT TO BE RUDE

BUT I HOPE WE HAVE ALL CLEVER PEOPLE ON STUDENT ROOM CRYING ABOUT THAT PAPER SO THAT IT GUARANTEES A LOWER GRADE BOUNDARY THAN LAST YEAR? :smile:

CMON LETS THINK +VE FOR THE FUTURE :tongue:
Reply 2085
Original post by Rickesh
What do people think the grade boundaries will be like??

beter be 40/100 for an A....

anything less then my life is over.
Reply 2086
Original post by asem93
For the percentage of cu I got 6.43 %

Yeah i got 6.7% :smile:, I thought the 9 marker on transition metals/ligands etc was a godsend :P, liked that one.
is anybody going to put up a mark scheme or something
i said ammonia production for the use of H2 but now that I think about it that was the example they already used? was it?
Original post by lucus18
Yeah i got 6.7% :smile:, I thought the 9 marker on transition metals/ligands etc was a godsend :P, liked that one.

did you times the moles by 10 to get the 250 cm solution?
becuase i got 67 percent
this is wrong as you where suppose to work out for 1 mole i worked it out for 2 i didnt read the top equation
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2091
i feel physically sick after that exam, worst exam i've ever sat. Flipping magic tang!!!!!! never eating tangy sweets again :frown:
Original post by asem93
That is exactly what I did...

But I think there are other combinations you can have providing you can explain them..

surely if ice is MELTING delta H must be positive because its an ENDOthermic reaction? Ie. you have to put energy in (heat up and icecube) in order to change its state (melt it)

I think anyway :smile:
Original post by SmartFool
Anyone else know they've missed their university offers because of this exam! I needed a B definitely failed it, I'm so distraught right now :frown: :frown: can't believe I'm not getting into uni because of it :frown:

i know im not getting into my firm or insurance. Looking for other options now. Have to wait for clearing or im getting a job and saying goodbye to uni forever. This was make or break for me
Reply 2094
I made some **** up at the last minute about the sweets being too acidic so would be dangerous! Oh well, better than nothing and at least it might make the examiner chuckle into a good mood.
Reply 2095
Probably the worst paper i've ever sat. I made most of it up :|
Reply 2096
sooo...
i failed that nicely

f324 retake next week better be merciful
Original post by VetApplicant2011
surely if ice is MELTING delta H must be positive because its an ENDOthermic reaction? Ie. you have to put energy in (heat up and icecube) in order to change its state (melt it)

I thought the same. I figured if you're breaking bonds the enthalpy must increase and as the system is becoming more disordered the entropy must also increase.

Annoyingly I think I put negative for the enthalpy accidentally. =[.

Can anyone tell me what they wrote on the lines for the born haber cycle?
I'll be happy with half marks. Drew a wizard on the magic tang question, only relevant thing I could think of.
Original post by VetApplicant2011

it didnt say it was endothermic did it? it said it took place at zero so must it be exo as it requires no energy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending