The Student Room Group

Cancel your existing Orange contract! - For free, no matter how long the Contract!

Scroll to see replies

Cypher_Aod
what? is this convenient loophole no longer open? damn it. i'm really looking forward to a way to get out of my contract before Christmas - it doesn't end until May! :frown:

No - you missed the boat by a long way. :frown:
The roll on roll off contracts are pretty good if you cannot commit to a full contract.
Reply 282
hi i was wondering if you could help me, i got my nokia 5800i on contract with orange in may of last year so does this apply to me aswell as i am sick of orange and want to change networks but am currently strapped down to a 2 year contract please help?
Any chance you could now go into Orange, take a contract out, wait a week or two, then cancel it?! Just so you get a free phone!?
devan123
hi i was wondering if you could help me, i got my nokia 5800i on contract with orange in may of last year so does this apply to me aswell as i am sick of orange and want to change networks but am currently strapped down to a 2 year contract please help?

Nope, missed the boat with this. They closed the hole pretty quickly.

Disconfigured
Any chance you could now go into Orange, take a contract out, wait a week or two, then cancel it?! Just so you get a free phone!?

and no, cos you'd then have to pay off the whole contract (so quite a lot more than what the phone would be worth).
WelshBluebird
Nope, missed the boat with this. They closed the hole pretty quickly.

and no, cos you'd then have to pay off the whole contract (so quite a lot more than what the phone would be worth).

But if they hadn't conveniently 'changed their minds' with the upping prices, would it have worked?
Disconfigured
But if they hadn't conveniently 'changed their minds' with the upping prices, would it have worked?

From what I remember, it only affected older contracts. If you had taken out your contract when all this was going on, you would have already signed up to the new terms, so wouldn't have been able to cancel.
Reply 287
Wish I could cancel my contract.

I don't like my phone. :frown:
This was great. I did this 3 months into my contract and managed to get the HTC Hero after :biggrin: and sell the old phone for £110 :biggrin:
Reply 289
HELPPPPPPPPP

I have recently just got another Blackberry curve back on an insurance claim, however although i have the phone back the contract is costing way to much per month and i wish to change to pay as you go..so can i cancel my contract and still kepp my phone? I got the contract in Feb 10>>so before MAY?
danni321
HELPPPPPPPPP

I have recently just got another Blackberry curve back on an insurance claim, however although i have the phone back the contract is costing way to much per month and i wish to change to pay as you go..so can i cancel my contract and still kepp my phone? I got the contract in Feb 10>>so before MAY?

it was only for older contracts.

they managed to close the loop whole pretty quickly so unfortunetley it does not affect you
Hi im trying to cancel my contract free of charge is there any way around this? im on orange and it finishes in 4 months but i can up grade my phone in april. Will they end my contract free some how?
Original post by Ashleigh Suzann
Hi im trying to cancel my contract free of charge is there any way around this? im on orange and it finishes in 4 months but i can up grade my phone in april. Will they end my contract free some how?

This thread is around a year and a half old.
No chance I'm sorry.

If you want to cancel your contract now, then you will have to pay up (4 x whatever it cots per month).

Or you can just wait until the 4 months time, and cancel free of charge (as you would been outside of your contract period) assuming you do not upgrade.

If you decided to upgrade then you will enter a new (probably 2 year) contract.
Reply 293
[hi could you tell me if the prices on the business accounts are rising aswell as iam stuck in a 24month contract and hate orange :smile:
Original post by hippy99

Original post by hippy99
[hi could you tell me if the prices on the business accounts are rising aswell as iam stuck in a 24month contract and hate orange :smile:

This thread is pretty much 2 years old.
Reply 295
Hello, i have been studying this thread for a few minutes now and i am wondering if there is any chance i be able to use the information to get my Orange phone contract cancelled.
I got a blackberry 9780 6months ago on a 24 month contract. I received a text a few days ago informing me of impending increase in my monthly bill by almost 5% in February.
The £27.50 i pay right now is high for me and i barely use up my minutes at the end of the month. Moreover, i don't like the phone anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending