The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics Unit 4 - 21st June 2011

Scroll to see replies

so loss of mass 29 U any1??? or was it 9 U .. i really cant remember .. but that 9 was there for sure .. lol
what was the mag field question, please describe
2nd last ques ws weird, n didnt get 'confirm mass of sulper ion is 0.00001u ??!!!!
frm where do they get such ques? lol.
Reply 503
Original post by black-chaos-master
Lol ok screw the momentum easy question .. :P ... what about the magnetic field question .. i think da 2nd last question ....

oh im gonnnaaa cry :'( i dunno about the first part cuz i just converted the u into kg and the second part was that u had to find the delta mass and then convert it to u to prove
Original post by black-chaos-master
Lol ok screw the momentum easy question .. :P ... what about the magnetic field question .. i think da 2nd last question ....

cyclotron bit was easy enough

then the formula proof was nice

the electric field i had to think about, but then realised that it was positive charge, so they would repel and therefore not move vertically

then it asked for something about 3 parts in a million of a mass, that was good

the change in mass, I worked out the change in mass, but didn't know what to write as the conclusion
The lost in mass, I got a really small u
Reply 506
Original post by Vampire-Love4ever
I have to count how much marks I am getting not losing. :frown:

im losing more than 20 here :eek: :confused:
Original post by cpdavis
cyclotron bit was easy enough

then the formula proof was nice

the electric field i had to think about, but then realised that it was positive charge, so they would repel and therefore not move vertically

then it asked for something about 3 parts in a million of a mass, that was good

the change in mass, I worked out the change in mass, but didn't know what to write as the conclusion

oh, how did u do the 3 parts in a million of a mass :confused:
i got a small u but a bit bigger than 0.000000000000000000000001u like they said it can measure to
Reply 509
Original post by cpdavis
The lost in mass, I got a really small u

yeah like 0.00002 r sth im guessing
Reply 510
the conclusion is that the device would be able to detect the mass deficit because we calculated in the previous question that the smallest value it detects is like 0.000001 or something and the mass deficit answer should be larger than that
Reply 511
how do we prove de brogli's equation? i got confused for h^2 :s
Original post by aym3n

Original post by aym3n
im losing more than 20 here :eek: :confused:

I am leaving. I am gonna get a heart failure if I stay here any longer. I don't wanna think about this paper. No point now.
Just gotta prepare for Chemistry now and work extra hard for Physics 5. :frown:
Original post by inspiringsoul
oh, how did u do the 3 parts in a million of a mass :confused:

I did the mass they gave time 0.000003 (I think that's right, might have typed it wrong due to tiredness and preparing for STEP III :eek: )
yea that seems right, i think i got around 10 times the detectable u
Reply 515
what the boundary will be ,guys....
de broglie was a guess for me as Ek was the only value i didnt have so used Energy= 0.5 QV or sumin
Original post by deepakpitrola333
yea that seems right, i think i got around 10 times the detectable u

That question I had no idea what to do, to the point when I asked to leave the exam, calm down and then carry on writing :frown:
boundaries will be like june 2010 as although we all found this hard, some people wont have lost much to make it any lower than june 2010
Hmm i hope we had the paper ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending