The Student Room Group

AEA June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by soczek322
I got to tan(pi/8) = +/- root(2) -1 and because tan(pi/8)>0 I got for the plus sign but I'm not sure what the other solution represents?

Thanks for the help!

You are giving a value for tan(x) where tan(2x) = 1 ....
Reply 81
Original post by ian.slater
You are giving a value for tan(x) where tan(2x) = 1 ....

so 2x = pi/4 or -3pi/4 and so the other value corresponds to -3pi/8
Reply 82
Original post by Raimu
I think I heard someone say that if you can get an A* in regular maths you should be able to get a merit on AEA. Let's just hope that's the case.
Does anyone else think the 2007 paper is ridiculously more difficult than the other papers? I start crying each time I look at it.

Also I hope the vectors question isn't like the kite one. If I knew that the sides of the kite were so that there were two pairs of similar sides then the question becomes very easy, but if you don't know that you lose almost all of the marks :frown:. Quite scary, hope nothing like that comes up tomorrow.

Same, as a result, I ripped up the paper and my attempt at it straight after I did it a couple of days back. 2007 was the hardest imo!

I'm hoping for no vectors questions at all, tho the 2010 was not bad, but I had no clue about that kite question n just didn't left it at that.

All the best for tomoz :smile:, if I can magically get a merit, that will make the rest of my year!
Reply 83
I'm so worried for this exam :frown: I have literally been using the mark scheme for almost every question. I don't need it for my uni offers but hopefully I get a merit in this D:
I've rushed a bit doing the past papers so hopefully I'll do better taking the full time during the exam
Reply 84
I'm so so so scared about this. :frown:

Good luck for tomorrow guys. :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by ElMoro
I'm so so so scared about this. :frown:

Good luck for tomorrow guys. :smile:

Me too, very very worried! At least i know i'm not the only one!

Good luck to you too!
Reply 86
Question 5.d. and 6.c. 2003 paper :wtf:

Paper is attached. Mark scheme is here.

Someone please help me? :puppyeyes:
Original post by ElMoro
Question 5.d. and 6.c. 2003 paper :wtf:

Paper is attached. Mark scheme is here.

Someone please help me? :puppyeyes:

Which part of the solution do you not understand? Don't worry too much before the eve of the exam; it's impt to go into the room with a clear mind!
Well, good luck everyone! :smile:

It's depressing to know that if I don't get a distinction, I'm not going to uni - didn't see this happening 6 months ago. :p:
Who knew STEP would be such a disaster? :o:
Reply 89
Original post by AnonyMatt
Well, good luck everyone! :smile:

It's depressing to know that if I don't get a distinction, I'm not going to uni - didn't see this happening 6 months ago. :p:

Well best of luck to you! I'm in a similar position aha, only my chance of getting a distinction is probably a lot less :s-smilie:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :biggrin:
Reply 90
Original post by AnonyMatt

Certainly not me :emo:
Reply 91
What are people doing now at this moment? Still working on past papers? Or relaxing to have a clear mind on the exam?
Reply 92
Original post by chanc04
What are people doing now at this moment? Still working on past papers? Or relaxing to have a clear mind on the exam?

Just done a couple of Q's... now the plan is eat, chillax, do a Q 30 mins before... DRINK LUCOZADES :biggrin: then pray and hope.
Reply 93
I'm just looking through questions that I got really stuck on again but not doing a lot.
I'll probably get to school at 12 and just talk, probably not look at any more questions/papers at that point.
Reply 94
Good point. There are only a certain amount of past papers to do, and some of them are impossible which I have given up on them..

Yeah, I'm going to chill, relax, and may be watch a bit of tele... Three hours are going to be really long this afternoon, :frown:
Good luck guys!
Reply 95
Come on guys we can do this! Get the Merit or Disctinction! Remember (And I only learnt this on STEP I :angry:) don't give up on a question and keep at it and eventually you'll get where you need to. Exhaust all sorts of methods before you give up and say sod this.
Reply 96
It may be a little late to be asking this, but are we allowed to use a calculator?
Original post by CatieW
It may be a little late to be asking this, but are we allowed to use a calculator?
No.
Reply 98
Is it 4.30 am when we can discuss?
Yes, no discussion until 4:30am.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending