The Student Room Group

AEA June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Thread is now open for discussion.
I've got the question paper; I can scan it, but won't be able to get around to that for a while (no scanner at home.) If no one else does it, though, will be happy to.
Reply 102
how did everyone find the paper? i thought it was very hard... left out so many marks but attempted everything by making up some random answers as you had to use the answers from the parts before... hopefully I got the 7 presentation marks.... doubt I got a distinction so GOOD-BYE WARWICK!
Reply 103
So hard! :cry2:

I could NOT do 5 part c AT ALL. Or no. 6 about the reflection :confused:

And how did you do no. 1?
Reply 104
Original post by ElMoro
So hard! :cry2:

I could NOT do 5 part c AT ALL. Or no. 6 about the reflection :confused:

And how did you do no. 1?

HA! Thank God to have found someone who found it hard!!! I could do Q1 and Q6 for reflection, yeh... :frown: and I couldn't find q in Q7... Left out 27 marks, unless I get methods for any of them :frown:

was Q5 finding the one about equating two equations in a together?? it took me ages to figure it out but I said 'if the y = (whatever we found before) was the centre of circle..." then used that and got the right stuff :P doubt I'll get marks though...
Reply 105
So froggin' hard. Nothing like the past papers :angry:.

What the heck was Q1 about? Then the reflection omg i couldn't even get that whole Q. I was getting weird value for t something like 158/69 ffs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 106
Original post by sb2star
HA! Thank God to have found someone who found it hard!!! I could do Q1 and Q6 for reflection, yeh... :frown: and I couldn't find q in Q7... Left out 27 marks, unless I get methods for any of them :frown:

was Q5 finding the one about equating two equations in a together?? it took me ages to figure it out but I said 'if the y = (whatever we found before) was the centre of circle..." then used that and got the right stuff :P doubt I'll get marks though...

How did you do Q1? That was q totally messed up Q in my opinion. I absolutely hated this paper.
Reply 107
Original post by Ultimate1
How did you do Q1? That was antotally messed up Q in my opinion. I absolutely hated this paper.

sorry I meant 'COULDN'T' do Q1 and Q6, hence why I left 27 marks :P
Reply 108
So froggin' hard. Nothing like the past papers :angry:.

What the heck was Q1 about? Then the reflection omg i couldn't even get that whole Q. I was getting weird value for t something like 158/69 ffs.

I know! I kept getting that value as well.

This paper was ridiculous, none of my friends were able to do it either. I think I only managed to do question 2 and parts of some other questions.
Reply 109
Original post by Raimu
I know! I kept getting that value as well.

This paper was ridiculous, none of my friends were able to do it either. I think I only managed to do question 2 and parts of some other questions.

I know I felt like Screaming so loud because I attempted that Q like 5 times and just kept on getting that stupid t value.

****e sorry I accidently negged you when I was pressing quote :facepalm:
Reply 110
How did you do Q1? That was q totally messed up Q in my opinion. I absolutely hated this paper.

sorry if this had been mentioned before, but how did you manage to get an offer from Warwick lower than the standard offer??? :O
Reply 111
Original post by sb2star
sorry I meant 'COULDN'T' do Q1 and Q6, hence why I left 27 marks :P

I left more marks than that. The paper was ridiculous.
Reply 112

lol omg, question 1 was the only thing i could do. sadly, only 5 marks. but i may have gotten it wrong tho :s-smilie: and how on earth dyu find the reflection.

when i saw the geometric question i was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. what dyu want me to find. haha
Reply 113
Original post by sb2star
sorry if this had been mentioned before, but how did you manage to get an offer from Warwick lower than the standard offer??? :O

No problem I don't mind you asking. I applied or MORSE and not maths which is why I got A*AA offer.
Reply 114
No problem I don't mind you asking. I applied or MORSE and not maths which is why I got A*AA offer.

Oh I see :smile: I didn't realise MORSE had a lower offer :smile: hopefully you got what you need to get into UCL though! I don't think I got into Warwick to do Maths :frown:
Reply 115
Original post by wishwash
lol omg, question 1 was the only thing i could do. sadly, only 5 marks. but i may have gotten it wrong tho :s-smilie: and how on earth dyu find the reflection.

when i saw the geometric question i was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. what dyu want me to find. haha

How did you do it?

For the reflection you had to find the perpundicular distance to the line first and then subtract this distance from the line to the get the reflection, bit it wasn't working out for me :s-smilie:
Reply 116
can some one post solutions to Q1 if they could do it???

I remember the question was:

0<theta<180

tan (theta + 35) = cot ( theta - 53)

or something like that???
Reply 117
Original post by sb2star
Oh I see :smile: I didn't realise MORSE had a lower offer :smile: hopefully you got what you need to get into UCL though! I don't think I got into Warwick to do Maths :frown:

Thanks. Ah man don't give up hope you may have got the D/2. What's your insurance?
Reply 118
Original post by sb2star
can some one post solutions to Q1 if they could do it???

I remember the question was:

0<theta<180

tan (theta + 35) = cot ( theta - 53)

or something like that???

Yup that was it and even wolfram aloha doesn't give real solutions :s-smilie:
They took my question paper before I left the exam room, so I can only think of the exam using my memory.

I skipped Q1 the moment I saw the numbers were strange, 35 and 53 and anyway it's 4 marks. I am still thinking how to solve it; 35 and 53 are both 'reflections' of each other, so the solution should depend on this fact!

I messed up the vector qn as I realised I couldn't prove the angle is 120. I couldn't put my fingers on which part of my working for 6(a) is wrong.

For Qn 5 you've to draw the circle that touches the 3 branches and you'll realise the radius of the circle is the normal. So you have to find 2 expressions that form the radius and equate them together.

I felt the paper is harder than last year and some other years like 02 and 03, probably comparable to 04 paper, like the case in STEP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending