The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Comparative Business Economics (SSEES) UCL

Hello everyone.

I have received an offer for a postgrad MA degree in CBE at SSEES. I've rejected IMESS and IDG (former PEREE). PEREE was too much politics and IMESS too long. anyway, is there anyone here studying at SSEES, especially for CBE?
is it a good program? do alumni get good jobs?
what accommodation is to be recommended?
any kind of help is welcome, as I am still undecided whether to come to ucl or go to bristol (msc economics, finance and management).

thx everyone:smile:
Reply 1
I have an offer fro MA CBE too, but still undecided...i'm attracted by the name and would like to study economics, but i dont want to limit myself only to Slavic countries (in my future work too)...

so did you make your choice?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Congratz on your UCL offer.
Well I've narrowed it down to Bristol or UCL. I'm leaning towards Bristol for the moment but I've applied for a scholarship with UCL as they use the QS rankings to determine who will get support. If that works out I'm going to London, although I too am rather upset with the focus on Eastern Europe and the fact that it's an MA.
On the other hand if I go to Bristol I'll have to live with myself for turning down UCL:smile:)

What are your choices?
Reply 3
My other choice is Int'l Biz Economics at City...i like the program there and i have the same doubts as you re the courses at SSEES....they are too focused and i may not be working in EE region after graduation....

But i'd still prefer to be UCL garduate no matter what the course is,so i cant make up my mind:confused:
Reply 4
:smile:) you ve got the same problem as I do. how I see it there is no point in paying 4000 gbp for an MA taught by teachers from EE, even though it's at a good dept. I'd choose Cass as it has a fairly good rep in the business circles the UK. If you plan to go back home after the programme you'd better look at the curriculum and choose what suits you best. If you plan on staying in the UK then indeed UCL may be a better choice even though SSEES does not compare to LSE for instance in terms of teaching economics. imo
Reply 5
I'm not sure if my future work will be related to EE or CIS countries....I've also noticed that all teachers are Slavic:confused: but SSEES has a quiet good reputation (in EE studies, but not in economics) but UCL diploma is so alluring:p:

On the other hand i like modules taught at City and that it is pure economics course without focus on any particular region...that's the thing that attracts me there...

Are you firm to accept Bristol offer? In yur case dilemma UCL/Bristol...Bristol is quiet good Uni (at least it's better than City?), so you have something to consider ...

Hope you' re going enjoy your study whatever course you choose!:smile: Good luck!
Reply 6
Hi,

I have just received the offer for 2011. And I have the same doubt - Like UCL but not too keen on the EE. I have looked at the courses and by chooing the "right ones" I will only have a limited teaching on EE.

Did you take up the course, how did you find it? Too much EE?

Best regards,

Jakob, Denmark
Reply 7
Original post by jakobwesth
Hi,

I have just received the offer for 2011. And I have the same doubt - Like UCL but not too keen on the EE. I have looked at the courses and by chooing the "right ones" I will only have a limited teaching on EE.

Did you take up the course, how did you find it? Too much EE?

Best regards,

Jakob, Denmark

Anyone who's done the course has any thoughts?

Latest

Trending

Trending