The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SebCross
Which college have you originally chosen, may I ask?

Magdalen :tongue:
Fingers crossed. Maybe something good will come of it. I gave Oxford a thought, but then again, I am happy with my current arrangement.

The greatest incentive one could ever provide to young school boys, is showing them the castle where they can attend Uni, should they behave properly. Might work. Never happened to me though ...
Ahh no, I'm going to have to pay a £20 library fine today for books I didn't even read :frown:
Original post by SebCross
Well there's the rub. I haven't yet made up my mind whether to apply to Cam' or Ox'! I'm born and bred in Oxford, you see, so in one sense I love the idea of branching out to Cambridge and discovering a whole new city, but on the other (OF COURSE) I can't betray my roots and elect to study in the enemy city!!! LOL. But yeah, I am really struggling w. the decision...

You should toss a coin. There's a
psychological theory that even if people think they're undecided, by the time the coin reachs the ground they find themselves hoping for a result.:cool::biggrin: And let it be Ox.:smile:
Original post by such_a_lady
Ahh no, I'm going to have to pay a £20 library fine today for books I didn't even read :frown:

£20?!
I swear here the library fines are something like 20-50p a day for adults, and 5p a day for children, or something ridiculous like that? :confused:
Reply 3705
Original post by manic_fuzz
£20?!
I swear here the library fines are something like 20-50p a day for adults, and 5p a day for children, or something ridiculous like that? :confused:

My school has a fine of 1p a week just to prove a point. :rolleyes:
Original post by Groat

:lol: Ahah, ah our school doesn't even have a library anymore, just a stupid 'Learning Resource Centre' with barely any books ¬¬
we have a library which no one uses, with a librarian who thinks she's an actual member of staff
Reply 3708

Don't know what Merton's library fines are but I had to pay £1.50 for returning a book a day late to the Magdalen library. ;_;
Original post by punctuation
x

Happy Birthday Julie!
Original post by dragonmeister
Happy Birthday Julie!

:colondollar: thanks !

I feel so loved... :wink:
I'm wondering whether I should switch to Merton :tongue:

Do, it's amazing!

Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
I thought PPE has a really limited amount of places, that's why i was so surprised to see so many prospective applicants on here!

Oooh Maths, I haven't met many prospective Maths students :3 Whereabouts is Merton? Never visited it.

I think it's actually one of the bigger subjects, but because it has so many applications it's still really competitive. Merton is situated on a quiet cobble street just off the high street, overlooking Christ Church meadow.

Original post by Groat

There was a big sign up in our library for the sixth year leavers about overdue books. One was 1,800 and something days overdue! And there were quite a lot over one thousand.

Oh, and
Happy Birthday Julie! :birthday::congrats::dancing2::dancing2::elefant::groovy:
Reply 3712
Original post by anyone_can_fly
Do, it's amazing!

I think it's actually one of the bigger subjects, but because it has so many applications it's still really competitive. Merton is situated on a quiet cobble street just off the high street, overlooking Christ Church meadow.

There was a big sign up in our library for the sixth year leavers about overdue books. One was 1,800 and something days overdue! And there were quite a lot over one thousand.

Oh, and

My school's policy is that you cannot receive any results until all outstanding debts are paid. It's quite evil of them putting that in the results slip; I can imagine getting hyped up and seeing that note. :colone:
Reply 3713
Just how anally retentive are TSR mods? I got an "alert" for writing two sentences in french (bad french to boot) and... (gasp) NOT PROVIDING A TRANSLATION.

Ah well, 'tis the interwebs, bull****'s home court as it were.
Original post by Eldedu
Just how anally retentive are TSR mods? I got an "alert" for writing two sentences in french (bad french to boot) and... (gasp) NOT PROVIDING A TRANSLATION.

:teehee:

I led you into it, I apologise.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by punctuation
:colondollar: thanks !

I feel so loved... :wink:

OMG IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY :biggrin: HAVE A GREAT DAY

Original post by Eldedu

:lol: I always provide a translation juuust in case

Héhé
English Translation:

Spoiler

Reply 3716
Original post by medbh4805
:teehee:

I led you into it, I apologise.

I can't see that you have any reason to apologize, it's hardly illicit activity (well it is to them, apparently).
Reply 3717

:lol: I always provide a translation juuust in case

Héhé
English Translation:

Spoiler

Lulz, just as well you included the spoiler.
Original post by Eldedu
I can't see that you have any reason to apologize, it's hardly illicit activity (well it is to them, apparently).

meh their forum their rules, I was being a bit of a nark tbf :colonhash:
Original post by anyone_can_fly

OMG IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY :biggrin: HAVE A GREAT DAY

Danke! :love:

Spoiler

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending