The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University, Belfast 2011 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by streetspirit
Depends what the subject is.. Is for genetics there might be a lot of people wanting to do medicine who've put down genetics as they're insurance offer? Then if they get into medicine a place for genetics opens up on the day.

Most people who go for Medicine usually have biomed as their insurance, no?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by JennyDigital
Most people who go for Medicine usually have biomed as their insurance, no?

A lot of them do but no all... Theres so many applicants for medicine.

I had biochemistry as my backup for example.
Good point, just most people I know had it as theirs =P
Good point, just most people I know had it as theirs =P

Are you trying to get into genetics then?
Are you trying to get into genetics then?

Nope, already got accepted for Psychology =] You?
Reply 245
Can you please help me with this: do you study Irish law or English law at Queen 's?
Original post by manousha
Can you please help me with this: do you study Irish law or English law at Queen 's?

You study UK Law, check out the law faculty website.
Reply 247
Original post by rocket0612
You study UK Law, check out the law faculty website.

Thank you. The reason for asking is that in Scotland they study Scottish law and cannot practise in England afterwards. I am an international student, so forgive me my ignorance but is UK law what they study at the universities in London for example? I visited the Queen's university last week and fell in love with it, my dad has also graduated from it.
From the qub website here:

Practicing outside Northern Ireland
Graduates from the School of Law who wish to practise in England or Wales normally have exemption from five of the six subjects in the Common Professional Examination. The School now provides an additional optional course in English Land Law which will enable those who take it to be completely exempt from the Common Professional Examination.

Anyone intending to practise as a lawyer in some other jurisdiction, including Scotland or the Republic of Ireland, should contact the relevant professional body for advice. The joint degree in law with French does not exempt students from any of the professional legal examinations in France.

I can see why you asked when you have mentioned Scotland being different, they do many things different besides law such as education system being another.
(edited 12 years ago)
Nope, already got accepted for Psychology =] You?

into medicine :smile:

are you unconditional or pending a levels?
into medicine :smile:

are you unconditional or pending a levels?

Luckyyyy, I have friends doing medicine this year.
Unconditional, only had to repeat one alevel to get my grades up from last year
Reply 251
It's now 3 weeks until A-Level results day and I'm worrying more than ever as to whether or not I will have achieved the grades I need to study at Queen's in September. Everyone else waiting for results worrying about getting in to Queen's? As soon as I get my results and acceptance to Queen's, my mum's got to book ferry tickets and then it's go go go!! Can't wait to move into Elm's Village, so excited to live in halls with a group of new and interesting people!!

Stomach's really going all up and down and twirling at the moment! How's everyone else doing?!
Reply 252
What is the average law offer and how much will they charge next year?
Luckyyyy, I have friends doing medicine this year.
Unconditional, only had to repeat one alevel to get my grades up from last year

Take it you've already got it in January then if its unconditional? congratulations!

I'd hate to be waiting on results right now :smile:
Take it you've already got it in January then if its unconditional? congratulations!

I'd hate to be waiting on results right now :smile:

Yup =D was conditional at first but they changed it for me.
Yours conditional or are you in?
Yup =D was conditional at first but they changed it for me.
Yours conditional or are you in?

I'm in too :biggrin: about time.

After 2 years and 7 rejections haha
I'm in too :biggrin: about time.

After 2 years and 7 rejections haha

I thought QUB only let you repeat once?
Congrats =D
Original post by manousha
What is the average law offer and how much will they charge next year?

Charge as in tuition fees?
Reply 258
Original post by Hollypops
It's now 3 weeks until A-Level results day and I'm worrying more than ever as to whether or not I will have achieved the grades I need to study at Queen's in September. Everyone else waiting for results worrying about getting in to Queen's? As soon as I get my results and acceptance to Queen's, my mum's got to book ferry tickets and then it's go go go!! Can't wait to move into Elm's Village, so excited to live in halls with a group of new and interesting people!!

Stomach's really going all up and down and twirling at the moment! How's everyone else doing?!

I'm really worried bout getting the grades for Queen's, wish I could look in the future or something just for peace of mind. What grades have you got to get? And yeah I'm in the same boat, well not literally cause I'll have to fly over cause ferrying would take way to long from where I live. I so can't wait either, be such an experience but scary thought at the same time :s.

Well not long now till results, and my fingers are crossed :smile:.
18 days - Oh lord, Starting to panic again.

I'm absolutely terrified if I don't get into Queen's, this has been what I've been living for since this past 3 years. *sigh*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending