The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 4(6BIO4) 13/06/11 - OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

i dont get it at all my result is terrible :s-smilie:
120/120. :redface:
Original post by Tzarchasm
120/120. :redface:

Same. I genuinely thought I ****ed up my paper. :s-smilie: Not complaining but it came as a HUGE shock to me when I saw what I got. I still maintain the paper we sat was a messed up one.
Somehow managed 120/120 in this paper, and got an A* overall. o.o

Biology was my weakest subject!
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?

Same. I genuinely thought I ****ed up my paper. :s-smilie: Not complaining but it came as a HUGE shock to me when I saw what I got. I still maintain the paper we sat was a messed up one.

Wow you got 120? I got 111/120, which I am extremely pleased with as it enabled me to gain an A* in Biology.
Congrats on making it into Med.
Reply 785
Original post by Schoolio93
Wow you got 120? I got 111/120, which I am extremely pleased with as it enabled me to gain an A* in Biology.

I THOUGHT I DID WELL BUT GOT a B! Think I should remark unit 4?
Original post by Jabbo12

Original post by Jabbo12
I THOUGHT I DID WELL BUT GOT a B! Think I should remark unit 4?

well it depends on how high your B was really. and contact your school as well to let them log onto edexcel resultsplus so that you can check where the marks were lost.

If the B is quite high then go for it, but if you got into your firm uni choice then what's the point? What did you get for Biology 6?

Came as a massive shock. I thought the paper went really bad.

Congrats to you as well. It's an awesome feeling isn't it? :biggrin:

Incredibly surprised. I thought the questions were utterly awful.

What did you get for unit 6? I got 50/60 and so missed my chance of an A*. :frown:

Oh well.
Reply 789
got 120/120 ! 110/120 in unit5 and unit 6 54/60 ! A* !!!
Original post by Tzarchasm
Incredibly surprised. I thought the questions were utterly awful.

What did you get for unit 6? I got 50/60 and so missed my chance of an A*. :frown:

Oh well.

Yep the questions were really awful. Sooo many waffle questions!

I got 58/60 (which I was surprised about because my teacher wasn't much of a fan of my cw). Got an A*, would have been very happy with an A, but nice to get it.

I'm not feeling anything tbh coz it hasn't sunk into my brain yet that I've finally made it after the hard work that i've put in for the past 3 years!

For my coursework my teacher marked it as 50/60 when it was moderated by the head of science the teacher said the marking is too generous. I took my coursework back and changed it again. I asked one of the cambridge students to look at it and she told me that it will be about a B. so after finishing everything I really just wanted 42/60. Come results day I got 60/60 - WOW!!
I'm not feeling anything tbh coz it hasn't sunk into my brain yet that I've finally made it after the hard work that i've put in for the past 3 years!

For my coursework my teacher marked it as 50/60 when it was moderated by the head of science the teacher said the marking is too generous. I took my coursework back and changed it again. I asked one of the cambridge students to look at it and she told me that it will be about a B. so after finishing everything I really just wanted 42/60. Come results day I got 60/60 - WOW!!

When it sinks in, it'll feel bloody amazing :tongue:

Wow nice one. :biggrin: That coursework was such a bitch though! Took forever to do.
Reply 793
well it depends on how high your B was really. and contact your school as well to let them log onto edexcel resultsplus so that you can check where the marks were lost.

If the B is quite high then go for it, but if you got into your firm uni choice then what's the point? What did you get for Biology 6?

It is quite high, but I thought I got an A* in that. Also, my handwriting tends to be a problem, so you think that if I get them to mark it carefully by remark, it could go up that much? Also, every raw mark counts for a lot of ums marks. So it could go up a lot. My teacher said that I got 54/60 in unit 6, but edexcel gave me 36. All this pushed me down to an overall B, even with an A* in all my AS units.
Reply 794
got 111
Original post by rabbit99
got 111

wow you have really done it:wink:
Reply 796
Original post by daughterofaprince
wow you have really done it:wink:

thank you.
Reply 797
i got 117/120, 114/120 and 52/60. A* overall. Shocked coz I taught myself it all in a year. really shocked unit 4 was my highest mark when it was a realy bad paper? How did eveyone else do? J x
Reply 798
Original post by JP83
i got 117/120, 114/120 and 52/60. A* overall. Shocked coz I taught myself it all in a year. really shocked unit 4 was my highest mark when it was a realy bad paper? How did eveyone else do? J x

congrats on the A*!! :smile:
Reply 799
this isnt very impressive considering so many people have got A*'s :P but i was incredibly happy to get a B in this paper :biggrin: especially considering the first time i took it i got an E!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending