The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
no it isn't, but thanks for your opinion.

Different races of people aren't different species...
Reply 201
Original post by MandarinStudent

I'd class myself as indigenous. I'd also class myself as British.

What's racist is assuming that those two groups are exclusively reserved for "White people"

You've got that wrong. Indiginous refers to the race fthat first settled in a specific area. The indiginous population of Britain are therefore white. That's just an archaeological fact. There is no other way of putting it.
Easily answered.

I am mixed. I identify as an inigenous (I was born here, and have vast family heritage specific to Britain) British citizen.

You're not indigenous unless you are at least white.
Original post by Sharpshooter
Because a mix race majority will happen eventually, it's a natural it will happen. Having seperate cultures and not mixing are bad signs for a country. I know tons of people, mainly younger people, who are in mix race relationships, and it is only increasing. Particularly also since Obama got elected (as that was a major social breakthrough).

It would be a disaster if it didn't happen because we'd all be segregated. :frown: But I know that wont happen, because the human race is improving as illustrated by the Obama's historic election.

Obama wasn't elected in this country, and I don't see it as anything that major. They still haven't elected a woman over there.

But I don't necessarily agree with you. I'm not saying it would be bad, but I don't think it's inevitable that everyone being mixed race will happen.
Original post by QwentyJ
You've got that wrong. Indiginous refers to the race fthat first settled in a specific area. The indiginous population of Britain are therefore white. That's just an archaeological fact. There is no other way of putting it.

At least half my ancestors are White. So I don't see why I wouldnt be classed as indigenous.
Original post by Strathclyder
You're not indigenous unless you are at least white.

Wrong. There are a plethora of "White people" that aren't indigenous to the British isles (not that any humans originally evolved here anyway).
At LEAST half my ancestry is White, and have been settled in Britain for a few hundred years. So, you're wrong.

This also begs the question. How long do you have to have been here to be "indigenous" as I'm sure there are a whole heap of people that have continental European ancestry and thus would not qualify under your definition....
When will we have the United Earth?It's surely the future of human race,if we want to uplift from TYPE 0 into Type 1 civilliazation.:biggrin:
Reply 207
Original post by Emaemmaemily
Obama wasn't elected in this country, and I don't see it as anything that major. They still haven't elected a woman over there.

Obama being elected is a huge thing. It shows the world is becoming mixed race like Obama. Every leader in the world (and particularly Europe) might become mixed race like he is. It's called globalisation and reflects the way in which the world is going and I think its great!
Original post by Gnobe
Obama being elected is a huge thing. It shows the world is becoming mixed race like Obama. Every leader in the world (and particularly Europe) might become mixed race like he is. It's called globalisation and reflects the way in which the world is going and I think its great!

Glabalisation is great. The whole Obama thing is just one small thing though, in the grand scheme of things. There is still a lot of racism in the world, along with sexism and homophobia. There is a long way to go.
Glabalisation is great. The whole Obama thing is just one small thing though, in the grand scheme of things. There is still a lot of racism in the world, along with sexism and homophobia. There is a long way to go.

Globalisation does not mean cross migraiton into other countries, it means all third worlders pile into Europe
Original post by Flying Flowers
Globalisation does not mean cross migraiton into other countries, it means all third worlders pile into Europe

It doesn't, but that's going very off-topic from what I was actually talking about.
I just heard a conversation on the bus about Nick Griffin.

A griffin, isn't that half lion, and half eagle?

The leader of the BNP has a mixed race surname, what is this country coming to?
Reply 212

I don't think racism will ever fully die out but we can achieve a mixed race majority which I think will happen at some point in the future.

That's why I oppose immigration controls because I know minorities have higher birth rates and will continue to ensure that this country will become a minority-majority nation at some point this century possibly. This is not just Britain I would like to see this happen but europe, or at least western europe where for now it's almost likely to happen. Identities globally will merge and borders will go.

Viva la revolution.
(edited 12 years ago)
Why does the greatness of the country depend on it's ethnic makeup? are you trying to say the current black/ white/ indian /whatever /people aren't good enough?
It would be **** there would be no diversity, we would all end up being the same colour
Original post by Computerised
Why does the greatness of the country depend on it's ethnic makeup? are you trying to say the current black/ white/ indian /whatever /people aren't good enough?

I feel a kinship towards my own ethnicity that I do not share with Indians, Pakistanis or blacks etc.

I love white aesthetics and I want to preserve them, and I want to live in a country with my own ethnic group.

Why are you non-whites so desperate to live with whites, in white countries ? Please answer me that ?
Original post by angelmxxx
You've mixed up colour with nationality.
Unless you think only white people can be British, in which case ::banghead:

No he is not mixing colour with nationality, you very well know what he means. Non whites are only civically British, they do not belong to any of the British ethnic groups, nor are they Britons.
I feel a kinship towards my own ethnicity that I do not share with Indians, Pakistanis or blacks etc.

I love white aesthetics and I want to preserve them, and I want to live in a country with my own ethnic group.

Most people on this planet are not white. You are going to have problems in life if you plan on only associating with white people. I am equally cool with absolutely everyone regardless of race. I am not going to go as far as call you a racist as you haven't said you dislike other races, merely you feel more comfortable around your own. I can understand your viewpoint if you have only ever lived amongst other white people. This does not mean it is a good viewpoint to have. It is still extremely narrow minded and you should look at changing it.

Why are you non-whites so desperate to live with whites, in white countries ? Please answer me that ?

Why were white people so desperate to live with indians in India? Why were white people so desperate to live with Blacks in Africa?

Why do you assume that other races come to white countries purely to live with white people? White people went to live with indians in India and indians went to live with whites in Europe for one and the same reason. Money.
Original post by Computerised
Most people on this planet are not white. You are going to have problems in life if you plan on only associating with white people. I am equally cool with absolutely everyone regardless of race. I am not going to go as far as call you a racist as you haven't said you dislike other races, merely you feel more comfortable around your own. I can understand your viewpoint if you have only ever lived amongst other white people. This does not mean it is a good viewpoint to have. It is still extremely narrow minded and you should look at changing it.

Why were white people so desperate to live with indians in India? Why were white people so desperate to live with Blacks in Africa?

Why do you assume that other races come to white countries purely to live with white people? White people went to live with indians in India and indians went to live with whites in Europe for one and the same reason. Money.

White people are not desperate to live with blacks, you are equating British imperialism with modern migration and both are not comparable. Whites do not move en masse to nigeria, Pakistan and India to live permenantly and take citizenship of those countries.

No answer my question why are non wites so desperate to live in white countries ?

I do not see whites queing in hundreds of thousand every week at Pakistan embassies for settlement visas. I do not see white people clinging to trucks to smuggle themselves into India. I do not see white people begging on their knees for asylum in Nigeria.
I would leave, my country is being STOLEN infront of my eyes and there is nothing I can do about it.

I AM DISGUSTED, DISGRACED, VOMIT

Latest

Trending

Trending