The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anshul95
ergh hard to suggest ideas for something that you could actually to make within a reasonable time period and test. Hmmmmmm but I can suggest ideas from fluid mechanics or perhaps thermodynamics in the context of engines?

Do you think it's possible to build a mini maglev train? I got another tsr comment that suggested that :s-smilie:
Original post by lekha2611
Do you think it's possible to build a mini maglev train? I got another tsr comment that suggested that :s-smilie:

:s-smilie:. Don't know how possible that is with the constraints that you have. But research it some more - you never know.
For the question on what to write for title of the EPQ in UCAS. I wrote 'Argentina Financial Crisis 1999-2002)
what should be in my introduction of my exetended project?
Hey guys and Girls, im really stuck on what to do for my exdended project, im really hoping to go to uni but i dont know what to do? :frown:
What have y'all put in your UCAS forms as the title? My title was short enough to be put in but I know that some of you have really long titles.
Original post by Ray of Light
What have y'all put in your UCAS forms as the title? My title was short enough to be put in but I know that some of you have really long titles.

I was told it was best to just write the subject. E.g. English or Maths or in my case, Spanish Literature. The title could be something for the PS.
Original post by Banoffeepie16
I was told it was best to just write the subject. E.g. English or Maths or in my case, Spanish Literature. The title could be something for the PS.

I was told otherwise, haha :tongue:
Reply 2228
If i were to pick the topic of eating disorders for my AQA extended project qualification.. would i have to pick a less broad title, how would i have to research it and what would i have to do to get the best marks possible?
does anyone know exactly what is meant to be in the epq presentation? my school don't seem to know and i don't understand what we're meant to present
Original post by <3 inbetweener D
does anyone know exactly what is meant to be in the epq presentation? my school don't seem to know and i don't understand what we're meant to present

I'm guessing this is the presentation you do near the end?

I did it last year and it basically is what you did your presentation, so a sample of different slides are as follows (you'll add more detail):

Title of your project.

WHY you chose it (what interested you and gave you the drive to do it)

What you found out (but simply,give some examples of the sources you used and say HOW these helped you with your project and if they were reliable)

Tell them the conclusion of your project and briefly how you got to it.

Say what you learnt through doing this project/ the skills you developed and also how your attitude may have changed.

If you were to do it again, what would you do differently?
Original post by FallenMan
I'm guessing this is the presentation you do near the end?

I did it last year and it basically is what you did your presentation, so a sample of different slides are as follows (you'll add more detail):

Title of your project.

WHY you chose it (what interested you and gave you the drive to do it)

What you found out (but simply,give some examples of the sources you used and say HOW these helped you with your project and if they were reliable)

Tell them the conclusion of your project and briefly how you got to it.

Say what you learnt through doing this project/ the skills you developed and also how your attitude may have changed.

If you were to do it again, what would you do differently?

Thank you, this was so much more helpful than my teachers!
I was just wondering can I do photography as an EPQ? Seeing as it's a written essay mixed with a presentation would it work?
thaanks, daisy x
I am doing my EPQ on Pierre Bezukhov from War and Peace (Just volume one) My questions is something along the lines of "How does Tolstoy present Pierre Bezukhov" (Needs refining, I know.)

My teacher for EPQ is a science teacher, so not much help! How do I structure this? I was thinking of going for the old - Point Evidence Analyse Expand, but I'm worried it's a bit GCSE like, I'm in AS but it has to be written in an A2 standard to gain the high marks. (How do you do the 'PEE' in A2?)

I'm really stressing because nobody else is doing an English extended essay but me..! I just wondered, even if you aren't doing EPQ, if you could help.

Thanks,
Hayley - Holmes Chapel Academy.
I'm a scientists and I just finished my epq. I am terrible at essay writing but apparently I wrote it well so I firstly wrote down all the points I needed to make, with an intro first and conclusion at the end and then separated each point out and allocated a number of words roughly to each one. Seemed to work out ok, I'm predicted an A :smile:
Hey, I've been told I need to record what I do for my EPQ in a log. Is there some sort of template for this log? Or do I simply open up a word processor and bullet point what I've done? If there is a template that I need to print off, a link to it would be helpful!
There's an AQA template and your college should provide it for you.
Is there anywhere I can just print it off from?
web.aqa.org.uk/admin/crf_pdf/AQA-9990-W-CRF-11.DOC (Direct Link)
thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending