The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Of course for some of the best photos of St John's you have to look at a recent set taken by a current student:
Original post by Vazzyb
So I moved into my new room quite recently!

Its in the Kendrew Quadrangle of St Johns College in Oxford.

The Kendrew Quadrangle:

Mini Library

Posters - I wish I could put up more all over the place, but we're not allowed to.

Fridge/Freezer

Working area

En Suite

with a nice Shower
Original post by omgnowai134

Hiya,
Is anyone else applying to Keble? Not necessarily for English (which I am), but just in general?
I haven't come across anyone yet, and I'm kind of worrying that there's something about Keble that I don't know? I don't know whether to be concerned or not.

Also, has anyone received the "more specific information" from their respective colleges yet? The email said they'd be here by the end of the month, and they're certainly cutting it a bit close, don't you think?

I am :biggrin: for Law.
I got my "active consideration" e-mail this morning. Scary stuff.
Original post by silverspoonmess
I am :biggrin: for Law.
I got my "active consideration" e-mail this morning. Scary stuff.

I just got mine. Slightly freaking out now. Do you have any idea when they'll let us know if we've got an interview? (I tried to look at the webpage, but it kept crashing. -.-)
Reply 9243
Original post by fluteflute
Of course for some of the best photos of St John's you have to look at a recent set taken by a current student:

Wow, that is so lovely!

I just got mine. Slightly freaking out now. Do you have any idea when they'll let us know if we've got an interview? (I tried to look at the webpage, but it kept crashing. -.-)

a week before the interviews, at the latest (and I think they do generally let you know as late as they can). For english interviews start Dec 5th for surnames A-K, and the 6th for L-Z.
So basically just before the end of November. The next month is going to be horrible just waiting to hear back.
a week before the interviews, at the latest (and I think they do generally let you know as late as they can). For english interviews start Dec 5th for surnames A-K, and the 6th for L-Z.
So basically just before the end of November. The next month is going to be horrible just waiting to hear back.

It's going to be awful. :/ I have my admissions test next wednesday. I'll be honest and say that I'm terrified. Have the Law admissions tests already happened?

It's going to be awful. :/ I have my admissions test next wednesday. I'll be honest and say that I'm terrified. Have the Law admissions tests already happened?

Good luck :smile: I'm sure it'll be fine.
Yeah, I don't think it went as well as I would have liked, or as well as any of my practices. But then you really can't tell so fingers crossed I suppose. Glad to have everything out of the way though, I'll be so relieved when the whole application process is over :smile:
Good luck :smile: I'm sure it'll be fine.
Yeah, I don't think it went as well as I would have liked, or as well as any of my practices. But then you really can't tell so fingers crossed I suppose. Glad to have everything out of the way though, I'll be so relieved when the whole application process is over :smile:

The whole application process has been so stressful. I'm just glad that this is the last part. Then it's just a waiting game, unfortunately.

I'm sure your exam was fine. (: Good luck!
Reply 9248
First of all, why do I always miss the good conversations!?
I LOVED the Sherlock Holmes series on BBC :P

Secondly, St Johns looks surprisingly nicer than I thought :P
I dont really like mixes of architecture, but the beehive is kinda nice because it looks like it's made of wood or something?
On the St Johns college map I swear it looked like it was all glass, which might have looked horrible next to the old buildings!
Plus with the massive tree the kendrew bit looks rather nice (Trees make everything nice) and the room is SOO NICE!
Kinda jealous of the room :P But I guess if you have a room in a pretty old college quads then you kinda sacrifice the nice new furniture and stuff for the quad. :P

See, all of merton is old and pretty (even the 2nd year accommodation out of college)...so that was a big factor in why I chose it. I like pretty things...
Does anyone know what percentage of Law applicants were interviewed last year, or where I could possibly find this information?

Not desperate but would be nice to know, especially seeing as it's usually quite low.
Original post by fawltyfan
Does anyone know what percentage of Law applicants were interviewed last year, or where I could possibly find this information?

Not desperate but would be nice to know, especially seeing as it's usually quite low.

About 53%.

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate_courses/courses/law_jurisprudence/law_4.html

Statistics page doesn't say, but it does say that there were 6 applicants per place. On the open day I attended they said they interview 3 applicants for every place, so about 50%? When I went to visit Keble on the open day they said they interviewed 53% of their law applicants last year, so while college specific, it is fitting with the 50% approximation.

Statistics page doesn't say, but it does say that there were 6 applicants per place. On the open day I attended they said they interview 3 applicants for every place, so about 50%? When I went to visit Keble on the open day they said they interviewed 53% of their law applicants last year, so while college specific, it is fitting with the 50% approximation.
In 2010, then 56% of Law applicants were shortlisted (which basically fits with what everyone has said so far :biggrin:)
Original post by fluteflute
In 2010, then 56% of Law applicants were shortlisted (which basically fits with what everyone has said so far :biggrin:)

Thanks, guys. I wasn't sure whether the figure on the university course page was from the 2010 cycle.
Reply 9254
"Vegeta what does the scouter say about the thread's post progress!?"

IT'S OVER 9,000!!

Yeah it's random I know...
Reply 9255
Statistics worry me >_< Last year only 82% of Biological Sciences candidates were interviewed while every year before that figures were continuously above 90-95% >_<
Finally acknowledged by Worcester, woo!
Original post by roseroserose.
Finally acknowledged by Worcester, woo!

:five: just got mine too :biggrin:

They're a bit lazy though. The email started with "Dear candidate" :lol:
"
(edited 12 years ago)
Any one has got confirmation from Hilda's? They said they were going to be sending e-mails a THOUSAND years ago on their website!
Original post by dnumberwang
:five: just got mine too :biggrin:

They're a bit lazy though. The email started with "Dear candidate" :lol:
"

You've got an offer from UCL already? Well done!
actually this is making me want to cry because I also applied...

Latest

Trending

Trending